SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Nashville tuning strings

ellangusellangus Frets: 250
edited March 2017 in Parts £
I want to give Nashville tuning a go.
As it will probably be a one off, does anybody have a set of acoustic strings for Nashville tuning (or a 12 string set) going cheap?

I have a couple of sets of heavy electric strings if anyone fancies a swap (Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky 11 15 22 30 42 54 and GHS Guitar Boomers 11 15 18 28 36 50)

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I did this and bought them separately. It costs a couple of quid more this way, but I ended up using that guitar quite a bit as I found it quite inspirational, so it was money well spent.
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    I did this and bought them separately. It costs a couple of quid more this way, but I ended up using that guitar quite a bit as I found it quite inspirational, so it was money well spent.
    By separately, I presume you mean as individual single strings.

Could I ask why you did this as opposed to a 12 string set or a dedicated Nashville set? 

Also, where from?

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1014
    edited March 2017
    I just got them from a music shop for about a quid each. I did this because it seemed like the simplest thing to do. I'm not sure many shops will have Nashville sets on the shelf, but you might be able to get one online. After postage etc, I imagine you'll be looking at the same sort of price though.
    I just got them from a music shop for about a quid each.
    Yeah, stupid question really - my bad - Duh!
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1014
    edited March 2017
    If you take 4 strings from of your Boomer set (11, 15, 18 and 28), you only need to buy 2 others to make up a Nashville set (10 and 13 i think...).
    edited March 2017
    If you take 4 strings from of your Boomer set (11, 15, 18 and 28), you only need to buy 2 others to make up a Nashville set (10 and 13 i think...).
    Just bought a D'Addario Nashville set but that is excellent thinking. I'll do that for a slightly heavier set (which I think would be better) - Thank you
  • Enjoy the tuning; i did ;-)