Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Have you ever bought a pedal...

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited March 2017
    ...No

But I don't get swayed by the herd and mega price tags. I buy after a good deal of auditing online etc and then as cheap as, so if i don't like it is nothing wasted..

BUT I have pedals that when I bought them gave me a new area of tone to work with from what I had before, but maybe later, is bettered by something new that has arrived.

Keeping things simple means I really work at getting the best from my gear and get very satisfying results and I very rarely have PAS. I get great pleasure from my silly deal bargains I find.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Did anybody ever buy one of these? :#

it has a scat setting so must be shite. ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    GavRichList said:

What's wrong with the enclosure?? 
    Nasty little flat box thing with controls and switches sticking up, at least according the pics!

I've sold all my pedals with round metal switches, flat enclosures or both, and I'll never buy another one, ever - I'm entirely serious. Or a mini-pedal.

All pedals should have proper buffered electronic switching, protected knobs and be a decent size so they can run on batteries and not flip over if you tread on them wrong…

Rotovibe!
    Rotoshite!
    I really liked mine. I lent it to a chap and forgot about it, and then lost touch with him… it's out there somewhere!

Ehx double muff. Tried it on its own and was amazed and the dynamics and range of tones, fell in love. Put it after buffers - shit. Put it *before* buffers - shit. Put it before *anything!!* and it just became flat and lost all dynamics. Very strange pedal. If someone fixed that, it'd be amazing - it's the only pedal I've ever used that didn't work with a buffer after it, and I don't really know why. 

Maybe @ICBM will know the physics. 
    No, but you're right. Very annoying, since it sounds fantastic on its own.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Boss ce3
    pigtronix philosophers tone
    mi audio optical compressor
    boss dd20

on the topic of compressors...I've tried a lot and the ego tops the list for me...if I wanted to spend less then it would be the mxr custom comp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    Mooer Pure Octave - what a waste of money. Doesn't track well (which is fine, my PS-5 isn't perfect) but even when drifting it sounded horrible.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    DOD Boneshaker - got some decent lower gain tones, but considering it's a higher gain distortion pedal for lower tuned guitars, I couldn't get a good sound out of it.

Digitech are throwing these out at lower prices now so I feel slightly justified.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7764
    Suhr Riot, too processed sounding
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6099
    Joyo Octave Fuzz.  More like pissed off bees in a tin can.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    Yeah, DOD Carcosa. Its not a bad fuzz but i only liked it at home. It took me a band practice to realise it's far too compressed for the kinda sound I wanted.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    I bought a Keeley Metal Zone.
    No, really I did.

I must have been smoking crack that day.
    I still have it- because no-one will take it off my hands.
    Numpty.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    octatonic said:
    No, really I did.

Numpty.
    There must be a market for them seeing as how many people love Crowbar. 
    octatonic said:
    No, really I did.

Numpty.
    Shame it's not the Boss one or I might buy it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    octatonic said:
    No, really I did.

Numpty.
    Shame it's not the Boss one or I might buy it.
    Of course I mean the Keeley-modded Boss MT2, you pedant! :)
    That *is* what I meant :). I don't want one that's been buggered about with.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    That *is* what I meant :). I don't want one that's been buggered about with.
    You sure????.... it is really excellent.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I've been very disappointed by every EHX pedal I've bought. Noisy unreliable things and I've tried various Big Muffs but couldn't get on with them.
    I also tried a few chorus pedals in the 80s but it's a vile effect I just can't use.
    The only one I hung onto was the Arion because it adds a certain something as long as the chorus and speed are turned right down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    ICBM said:
    Roger Linn AdrenaLinn III

I should have known better really, since I had a MkI which lasted about a year before I finally accepted that I just couldn't integrate it effectively into my setup. For some reason I thought I would give it another go, so I bought a III… which was even worse. Put it up for sale after a day, literally.
    I've got a mk3. It's got some great sounds in it, shame it's so bloody difficult to set up and use. The user interface is terrible, I can't imagine how anyone uses it in a gig situation unless it's with midi switching. 
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Zvex Super Seek Wah, looked awesome but was pretty naff. Expected more from Zachary! 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    Sassafras said:
    I've been very disappointed by every EHX pedal I've bought. Noisy unreliable things and I've tried various Big Muffs but couldn't get on with them.
    I also tried a few chorus pedals in the 80s but it's a vile effect I just can't use.
    The only one I hung onto was the Arion because it adds a certain something as long as the chorus and speed are turned right down.
    Yep, i could do with a small stone on my board but their bad stone popped so loud everytime im now using a digital copy of the small stone in the zoom multistomp. I do have a tone wicker muff on the board which is pretty darn fabulous but, does have a dicky switch, i dont really use that part of the pedal so all is good (so far)
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    ICBM said:

I've sold all my pedals with round metal switches, flat enclosures or both, and I'll never buy another one, ever - I'm entirely serious. Or a mini-pedal.

All pedals should have proper buffered electronic switching, protected knobs and be a decent size so they can run on batteries and not flip over if you tread on them wrong...
    This. I'm all Boss now except for a Phase 90 and a Mooer Electric Lady.

The Mooer bangs not pops when you stand on it, plus that switch is too damn close to the knobs.

The Phase 90 only clicks, but still annoying.

Enter the Boss LS-2 and all is good :)

I've got each in a separate loop (for now anyway), and on the back line away from my feet, just turn them both on once and go.

Each also now has an independent volume I'm working with, plus each in parallel together should I want that, plus no more bangs, clicks, knocked settings, done, thank you Boss :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom