Guitar players logic

What's Hot
xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
If something is new, the older it looks the better. If something is old, the newer it looks the better.

What is that all about?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited March 2017
    It's the same approach I take to women.
    23reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    If a thread has been done to death, start another one.

If it's hardly been talked about, dig up an old one...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    We weren't best pleased when our new baby looked like a 90 year old.
    So bang goes your logic.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    Have you heard the one about the Relic-loving, Remoaner, who doesn't like Trump, doesn't like Nicola Sturgeon, thinks all expensive things are rubbish, that anyone who disagrees is wrong, wants another tFBer to have another (this time fatal) heart-attack, thinks everything in the classifieds he can't afford is too dear and wants to have a referendum on it?

Welcomd to the Fretboard....

PS: Terry Morgan/Lazy J/PRS/Dentists....
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    We weren't best pleased when our new baby looked like a 90 year old.
    So bang goes your logic.
    Made a lot of money from the film though, so all's well that ends well.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited March 2017
    Have you heard the one about the Relic-loving, Remoaner, who doesn't like Trump, doesn't like Nicola Sturgeon, thinks all expensive things are rubbish, that anyone who disagrees is wrong, wants another tFBer to have another (this time fatal) heart-attack, thinks everything in the classifieds he can't afford is too dear and wants to have a referendum on it?

You missed out theFBer that [hated/loved] vintage, and [hated/loved] relics, and also [hated/loved] modellers but also [hated/loved] real valve amps.

(delete as appropriate, then have an epiphany and delete the other, and then have another re-epiphany, sell all your gear and go back to a [strat/tele/les paul] and a [princeton reissue/bandit])
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bridgehouse said:You missed out theFBer that [hated/loved] vintage, and [hated/loved] relics, and also [hated/loved] modellers but also [hated/loved] real valve amps.

(delete as appropriate, then have an epiphany and delete the other, and then have another re-epiphany, sell all your gear and go back to a [strat/tele/les paul] and a [princeton reissue/bandit])
    I should have gone on to say, 'For sale - the best amp I've ever heard - my Lazy J 20, specially built for me by Jesse with rhino horn and freshly harvested elephant ivory. You all know how great these things sound - which is why you never see any of the 4 that have been made for sale. I'm only selling it as I've come to realise I deserve something worse. Bargain at twice what I paid for it'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

And don't forget the ones that think Epiphanies are better than Gibsons.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Sassafras said:

And don't forget the ones that think Epiphanies are better than Gibsons.
    And my 'Epi-phoney' was realising a Strat is as good as an LP is as good as an SG. For different things, of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    And who said it wasn't a barrel of laughs here?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    SNAKEBITE said:
    And who said it wasn't a barrel of laughs here?
    Depends. What kind of wood was used for the barrel?

You know, maple gives you more laughs but mahogany gives you much deeper laughs.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

opinion based, factless 'discussions' here, go on for days with no recourse or end. its great.

the same level of argument (non guitar related)t at home, always results in me loosing and not getting laid for a while!

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    sgosden said:

opinion based, factless 'discussions' here, go on for days with no recourse or end. its great.

the same level of argument (non guitar related)t at home, always results in me loosing and not getting laid for a while!

Her loss, no doubt.
  • 19701970 Frets: 28
    Jack_ said:
    Can we get some sort of anti-misogyny policy on this forum please? Can a moderator please DM me. I've seen this sort of shit every day since returning here and I'd like to be a part of this community but this is putting me off. If there's no intention to weed out this crap then I won't return. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    1970 said:
    Jack_ said:
    Can we get some sort of anti-misogyny policy on this forum please? Can a moderator please DM me. I've seen this sort of shit every day since returning here and I'd like to be a part of this community but this is putting me off. If there's no intention to weed out this crap then I won't return. 
    Assuming you're serious, you need to flag the post to draw it to the mods' attention. 

Don't be surprised if nothing is done - the aim of those in charge is to moderate lightly - so only something completely outrageous is likely to result in action being taken.
    edited March 2017
    1970 said:
    Jack_ said:
    This place is dryer than the Sahara at times, if we go all politically correct then we may as well all go and buy a PRS and talk about dental hygiene and contract law.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7764
    @1970 second fret awarded  B)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Yep, no logic when it come to gas.  
    I think it's outrageous and completely unacceptable that just anybody can come onto these forums and express opinions as well as attempting humour.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    1970 said:

Rather than replying via PM, I'll put the reply here for all to see and consider.

Firstly, we don't really do "policies" here.

1.  We have no interest in writing them.
    2.  99.9% of people here would have even less interest in reading them.
    3.  The remaining 0.1% would delight in taking up days of our time debating whether the second comma in para 3 should really be a semi-colon.

We do have defined "rules" (and behaviours) though, and rule1 guides most of our decision-making re interpreting the rest of our rules.

Secondly, our explicit aim has always been that the community be as self-moderating as possible.  Hence the flag system.  If (when) someone breaks any of the rules, flag it.  We look at all flagged posts.  That expresses your opinion.  If enough people express the same opinion, or if the breach is (in our opinion) sufficiently obvious, then we generally intervene.  That approach *does* work, and we can evidence it working here.

And finally, this is a forum for guitarists.  Our members are predominantly male, and the content reflects that.

My own experience is that I've seen far more extreme and commonplace misandristic (sp?) comments on websites that serve a predominantly female community than I've seen misogynistic comment here.  

That leads me to conclude that womenkind is not some delicate endangered species that must only ever read and hear kind things said about it if it is to survive.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom