A Fib strikes again

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
A Fib, aka irregular heartbeat, returned and I feel more than a bit deflated. I had cardioversion in February 2016, successful, and will have it again in 6 or 7 weeks time. In the meantime, serious medication has been prescribed. For the first time in years I was enjoying working in the garden. Made a bit of progress too. Now I know that I will be very tired during the day, a nap or two on the chair is often my only option. Hopefully back in the saddle soon...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12304
    Man that is a bit shit, look after yourself and best of luck.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Look after yourself dude ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    Best of luck Rocky
    tae be or not tae be
  • danodano Frets: 1592
    Put a Russ Andrews cable on your defibrillator, I hear it gives a huge improvement in the resuscitation.

Sorry couldn't resist. But look after your self and get better.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Fuck that man I get that every day around 11 am.  It's all fine man.  Best of luck.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2549
    Sorry to hear that, look after yourself fella.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    edited April 2017
    Now a couple of days into the medication and I feel at least three times worse!  I have often said that the medication to control the blood / attempt to induce a self reset of the heart rhythm is as bad as Atrial Fibrillation itself.  My heart  has an irregular beating pattern that the medication has failed to reset to Sinus Rhythm. It now  seems that the use of electricity to reset the beat rhythm will be required (cardio-version).  Doctors need around six weeks medication before undertaking that procedure.  So very little guitar or bass playing as I am unable to play for more than a few minutes at a time.

Thanks guys for the good wishes.  All appreciated.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 410
    Take it easy for now and I hope you can bounce back soon
    Great news! The medication worked and rebooted my heart. Tuesday night it was beating in a crazy pattern, Wednesday morning it was fully in Sinus rhythm. And it has stayed in rhythm ever since. Great to feel alive again. Now I have the energy to pick up a guitar or my bass....

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4909
    Good work, matey - pleased to hear you're well again.
    Yesterday the A Fib struck again.  Hearbeat all over the place, breathless feeling and totally lacking any energy.  Back on Xarelto [blood thinner medication] and appointment with consultant on Monday.  This may end up with a pacemaker being fitted, hope not but it is a possibility. 

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• All the best, mate. Wishing you well.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12359
    Hope you get things sorted soon. My bro in law had to have three lots of cardio version before his problem was sorted. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960

Thinking of you tonite Rocky....keep well  :)

John

tae be or not tae be
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28097
    Lawks. Best wishes chief.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Good luck with this. A good friend of mine from work has had two bouts of wild A fib. First one was just after a workout and he didn’t know what was going on the second happened mid way through a judo throw ( he does judo just for context) and he never came out of the roll just collapsed.  He has now been told he’s no longer allowed to lift heavy weights above his head as it pinched some nerve and could set him off again. 

Hes since been on a very strict cafeen free paleo diet and no repeats so far even with continuing the judo and weights. 

I wish you all the best the way he describes it it doesn’t seem nice at all. 
  • Bounce back again mate. 

Thanks guys, I will do my best...

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    Been living with a similar condition for the last 11 years..catches you off guard when you least expect it. I feel your pain!
    Hope it all works out well for you.
    Had cardio version last week. Successful! Doctor suggests I have ablation to prevent a recurrence. Appointment in a few weeks to check if I am a suitable candidate for this procedure. There is a risk but there is a risk too if I do nothing. 

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum