Trumpet Players here?

What's Hot
Just seeing how many of my brass brethren are here. Show off your trumpets too. I'll get some photos of mine up at some point! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2582
    Not a trumpet player, although as a trombone player, I know a few!
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited April 2017
    Haven't played in 24yr, but did pick up a red plastic one to give it a go again

Wasn't bad i guess.  Played in a local orchestra, cowdenbeath colliery band (1st section at time), school bands and FYJO (fife your jazz orchestra (year they won the radio 2 u25's section)..  When stopped playing could hit high C easy and getting D and E above it fairly well.

Most fun... Cowdenbeath Christmas charity pub crawl... Played a carol or two at a big birthday bash while band was on break for donation to collection...  Band came back on.. "Lights out by nine" and me and one of the other players joined in doing some Memphis horns backing played in a few pro gigs theatre stuff a couple of times.

Hopefully practise goes ok so can surprise Andy at band jam with a little extra music for Burning ring of Fire

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • XandoorXandoor Frets: 6
    Did better than I'm doing! I'm just the principle trumpet in my school orchesta. Was 1st trumpet in the school production of Les Mis which was fun (but also a drag). 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Played trumpet at school before moving on to trombone, which I really enjoyed.
    I gave it up because I mistakenly thought that guitar would make me more attractive to girls.
    Turns out girls aren't attracted to ugly, odious, repulsive creeps whatever they play.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I had one lesson on a borrowed trumpet and got a massive throat infection. 
    The singer in our band is taking trumpet lessons but has so far refused to bring it to a rehearsal. One of my favourite instruments. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Xandoor said:
    Did better than I'm doing! I'm just the principle trumpet in my school orchesta. Was 1st trumpet in the school production of Les Mis which was fun (but also a drag). 
    So was i and below... You get proper good playing lots of diff stuff at diff levels.  Last i played was 6th yr in school (so 18)
    Think hardest thing i played (ok some of the jazz stuff had crazy time sigs and required hell of a concentration). Tell you what though try playing Handel's Royal Fireworks Music on a pigging Bb trumpet... Totally kills you... Very high, very loud and it doesn't let up (sure that had high D on a Bb) and of course I played on a 1.5 mouth piece too... Yeah great for tone but takes a bit of getting used to hahahaha