Drink wine, have some Danish and get bluesy

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle! 

I am involved in Guitar Breaks and I fully appreciate that something like this is not everyone's cup of tea! For the record we do actually have a number of guitarists attending our week in Italy in June, which is great. 

I am one of those people who believe that experiences are as valuable as stuff, and this what underpins the Guitar Breaks community.

I invited Mick, Daniel and Peter to come to Italy in June because they are not only really great players, they are extremely knowledgeable and loads of fun. And I would love to be able to invite them again to be a part of Guitar Breaks in other areas of the world, alongside other great guitarists and communicators.

So my question to you guys is: Which guitar players would you like to spend time with (realistically!) and where would you like to go?

Many thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I was lucky enough to attend the guitar institute in London at a time when Dave Kilminster and Shaun Baxter were in attendance, totally awe inspiring and uplifting. If the invited guitarists take it seriously, then it would be a good thing and an awesome holiday.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was lucky enough to attend the guitar institute in London at a time when Dave Kilminster and Shaun Baxter were in attendance, totally awe inspiring and uplifting. If the invited guitarists take it seriously, then it would be a good thing and an awesome holiday.
    Thanks for your feedback. I have known Dave for many years and he is an awesome player and a lovely chap! If he is not too busy touring with Roger Waters, perhaps he would make time for a Guitar Breaks in the future?
    Guitar Breaks - Delivering bespoke holiday adventures for our community of guitarists
    www.guitar-breaks.com
    www.facebook.com/GuitarBreaks
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle! 

I am involved in Guitar Breaks and I fully appreciate that something like this is not everyone's cup of tea! For the record we do actually have a number of guitarists attending our week in Italy in June, which is great. 

I am one of those people who believe that experiences are as valuable as stuff, and this what underpins the Guitar Breaks community.

I invited Mick, Daniel and Peter to come to Italy in June because they are not only really great players, they are extremely knowledgeable and loads of fun. And I would love to be able to invite them again to be a part of Guitar Breaks in other areas of the world, alongside other great guitarists and communicators.

So my question to you guys is: Which guitar players would you like to spend time with (realistically!) and where would you like to go?

Many thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I love the idea of a guitar break, and for a basic player like me any of the guests would be able to teach me loads, but more than just picking up techniques I think I'd want guests who are inspiring in some way. With the TPS guys you can tell that they just love everything guitar, so I reckon it would be a great guitar break! Shame time and funds don't allow me to go :-(

And by the way @ianeddieedwards you're CV/bio (read on the guitarbreaks website) is amazing!!! Welcome to TheFretboard!

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I'd need to attend one and see the format before giving any kind of opinion I'm swithering but the timing is a bit unfortunate for me as I have a shed load of gigs either end and I'm not sure my hands would survive a week of playing in the middle.
    It seems like a great idea though. I always get a lot out of spending time with musicians especially if they are better than me

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonka said:

I love the idea of a guitar break, and for a basic player like me any of the guests would be able to teach me loads, but more than just picking up techniques I think I'd want guests who are inspiring in some way. With the TPS guys you can tell that they just love everything guitar, so I reckon it would be a great guitar break! Shame time and funds don't allow me to go :-(

And by the way @ianeddieedwards you're CV/bio (read on the guitarbreaks website) is amazing!!! Welcome to TheFretboard!

Thanks @BigMonka. This is my first time here, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules! And you are right, many players develop through being inspired in many different ways, so this is hopefully what we can achieve. 
    Guitar Breaks - Delivering bespoke holiday adventures for our community of guitarists
    www.guitar-breaks.com
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26463
    Thanks @BigMonka. This is my first time here, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules! And you are right, many players develop through being inspired in many different ways, so this is hopefully what we can achieve. 
    You're not breaking any rules, don't worry - however, any promotional activity (ie news about your business etc) needs to happen in the Made in the UK section. I'd also advise that you declare your company affiliation in your signature - although that's not part of the rules (yet), it just makes it easier for people to know who you are since it's not obvious from your username :)
    <space for hire>
    . I always get a lot out of spending time with musicians especially if they are better than me

Damn right. A sure fire way to improve.
  • Thanks @BigMonka. This is my first time here, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules! And you are right, many players develop through being inspired in many different ways, so this is hopefully what we can achieve. 
    You're not breaking any rules, don't worry - however, any promotional activity (ie news about your business etc) needs to happen in the Made in the UK section. I'd also advise that you declare your company affiliation in your signature - although that's not part of the rules (yet), it just makes it easier for people to know who you are since it's not obvious from your username :)
    Many thanks for the advice. 
    www.guitar-breaks.com
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    I have actually stayed at the venue (last year in May), took the kids away for the week for a family holiday so nothing music related.
    The place is very nice, and can vouch for the quality of the food and the local scenery is as good as it gets in Tuscany.
    Truly a lovely place.

I think I met one of the chaps running this guitar week at dinner one night when I was there as we spoke about the idea briefly, he seemed very nice and knowledge, glad to hear he got it off the ground.

I would go back for the place alone, add music and guitars and definitely a win.

• edbolivar said:
    I have actually stayed at the venue (last year in May), took the kids away for the week for a family holiday so nothing music related.
    The place is very nice, and can vouch for the quality of the food and the local scenery is as good as it gets in Tuscany.
    Truly a lovely place.

I think I met one of the chaps running this guitar week at dinner one night when I was there as we spoke about the idea briefly, he seemed very nice and knowledge, glad to hear he got it off the ground.

I would go back for the place alone, add music and guitars and definitely a win.

Yes, I remember meeting you @edbolivar ! And you are right, the area is great. And the food! Perhaps we will see you at a Guitar Breaks in the future?
    www.guitar-breaks.com
    I tried to convince my wife that a holiday in Italy would be really nice this year. She agreed. 
    I told her that would be great food, nice interesting people, a good area to visit. She agreed
    I told her there would be lots of live music. She thought that was nice.

I told her I'd need to take my guitar, suspicions raised. 
    Showed her the website. Met with a firm no fucking way.

:(
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 448
    I tried to convince my wife that a holiday in Italy would be really nice this year. She agreed. 
    I told her that would be great food, nice interesting people, a good area to visit. She agreed

Can't knock a man for trying
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/

In seriousness I think having the missus there would be very distracting. I would always be worried that she was bored or sitting in a hotel plotting my death
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cabicular said:

In seriousness I think having the missus there would be very distracting. I would always be worried that she was bored or sitting in a hotel plotting my death
    Well a weeks holiday without is a no go from the off. I'm sure there is lots to do in the area.. so it was worth a try. 

Besides chance's are she'd be plotting my death anyway. She is not a guitar fan.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cabicular said:

Well a weeks holiday without is a no go from the off. I'm sure there is lots to do in the area.. so it was worth a try. 

Besides chance's are she'd be plotting my death anyway. She is not a guitar fan.
    My missus is the singer in my band and even I wouldn't try that ;)
    Props for the braverez 
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    There are 2 outdoor heated pools to lounge by for the missus,  and lots of places to visit.
    The old town in Arezzo is lovely and close by, with Assisi and Sienna a reasonable drive away but also worth a visit.

My missus loved it, so don't rule it out...
  • Hi all. Just wanted to report back on Guitar Breaks in Italy last month: I am happy to say it was a great success. We had 14 guest guitar players from around the world (furthest came from LA) and our special guests were Mick and Daniel (That Pedal Show) and Peter Honoré (Andertons TV). Everyone had a wonderful experience and left at the end of the week refreshed, excited, filled with new ideas and with a new network of friends. 
    Anyway, thought you'd like to know that all went well. If you want to see what happened then visit the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/GuitarBreaks. I'll be popping loads of photos over the next few days.
    Thanks for your interest. Ian 
    www.guitar-breaks.com
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Got to say it's one of those things I'd prob be reasonably cynical about in theory but actually probably really enjoy. Prob not practical for me given family commitments etc but great that it exists. All power to it I say.