Exploring Bluesharp more and more

I took up learning Blues Harp 9 years ago, being a guitar player with 35 years + experience.

In this recording, I explored playing harmony harp to the lead harp part.

I used the same G harmonica to do both parts.

When my bass player added a key change to C, in the last part

of the tune, I played a high F harp and also a low F harp, which worked well.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    Great sound and feel on the blues harp... don't take this the wrong way but I would of cut the song down to a minute less...or so...
    But well done .what makes of harps,mics,effects and amp do you use?
    Cheers
    Mark.  
  • harpdoodleharpdoodle Frets: 42
    Great sound and feel on the blues harp... don't take this the wrong way but I would of cut the song down to a minute less...or so...
    But well done .what makes of harps,mics,effects and amp do you use?
    Cheers
    Mark.  
    .thanks for my sound and feel comments. Much appreciated....I have requested edits for it, from 1:55 to 2:32. Great minds think alike ( oh, fools never differ!!) spot on  marktheharp. Thanks for listening. It is just a demo, first draft, it will evolve. 

Gear : nothing too exciting. Fender BluesJR amp, Green Bullet mic. LoneWolf HarpBreak pedal. I have a bunch of harmonicas, all makes, models and keys. 
    I used a Hohner Crossover in G for the first section, then a high F Hohner Bluesharp and a low F Hohner Big River in the jazzy section. 

I absolutely love the Hohner Marine Band Deluxe harps. My first choice, but I cannot always afford them, so I buy what I can. 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Nice playing.
    Although I did find the video deeply misleading. The song is called Peaches & Cream but the video clearly showed a bowl of strawberries without cream. Care to explain?
    :)
  • harpdoodleharpdoodle Frets: 42
    errrrr, yeah......the video is made of all my own pics, a low budget project and, I have never taken a pic of Peaches and Cream.....and...soooooooo, I just chucked strawberries one in. Ha ha.