Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

faith guitars any good?

What's Hot
Hi anybody out there tried the faith parlours ? I quite like the idea of the naked series..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Very good guitars for the money.
    Patrick James Eggle had a bit to do with the design of them, although he doesn't manufacture them, they are made in China.

• Great for the money. I love mine

Mine is made in indonesia, not that it matters 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    I have the 'mid'  spec Mercury.......superb tone and a great player...............  -  I tried the hi-gloss mini jumbo (cant remember the model) and pretty much the best £600 guitar Ive ever played................ best < £1000 guitar Ive ever played to be honest
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Indeed they're Indonesian. And very good for the price, they all get checked by Eggle's team at the Oswestry distributors Barnes and Mullins.
  • bertie said:
    I have the 'mid'  spec Mercury.......superb tone and a great player...............  -  I tried the hi-gloss mini jumbo (cant remember the model) and pretty much the best £600 guitar Ive ever played................ best < £1000 guitar Ive ever played to be honest
    I played loads of yamaha's, takamines and other various models all up to £1200

I walked away with a Faith Venus. For me it was the best sounding, the nicest to play, had a free hard case and had a good build quality 

I haven't even thought about buying another acoustic since I got it 3 years ago

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mine is my 'knock about/travel'  guitar, - I got for a steal from another forumite..............If I didnt already have my main............. the mini-jumbo would have probably found its way into the collection
    :)

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    bertie;156021" said:
    mine is my 'knock about/travel'  guitar, - I got for a steal from another forumite..........
    Got it for a what now ? :(

They're cracking good guitars, bought my Godson a Trembesi Nepute - it's awesome !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    well it was mate.......id call 1/2 price a steal............... ok would "bargain"  be a better phrase............
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    That's better !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I've owned two Faiths - one the high gloss parlour. They are well built, sound lovely, but lacked a little something for me. Saying that, if the parlour had had a 45mm nut I'd probably still have it. 

I spent an hour playing various high end guitars yesterday, but the best tone I enountered was the naked Venus. I was stunned. I actually think the naked range resonate better than the gloop covered versions. If they did a naked rosewood b&s model with a 45mm nut I'd be in Faith heaven. 
  • Faith are excellent! Tone quality, intonation, the ease of handling, the whole bit.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    just a headstock thats as ugly as epiphone..............
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertie said:
    just a headstock thats as ugly as epiphone..............
    True. An open headstock on the parlour would be nice.
    I strung mine with 13's and tuned down 1/2 step............... sounds superb
  • I can't recommend them enough. I bought the Faith Neptune Trembesi back in April last year. Well worth the money considering it's all solid wood. I played a lot in the £500-£700 range and this was by far the best. Nice hard case too
  • bertie said:
    I strung mine with 13's and tuned down 1/2 step............... sounds superb
    Yes, that works.
    edited February 2014
    I "ashamedly" have to admit......... since mrs bert got the £30 charity shop Ovation/Celebrity thing,  I tend to pick that up first, got to say its crackin neck profile,  real easy on the hands
  • Hey, if you can find something you enjoy playing for next to bugger all more power to you. I get the grin factor picking up my 95 quid Shine. (It's on my lap as I type).
    Brook's not been out the case in months..................
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 103
    I've got a Faith Saturn Trembesi - excellent guitar both plugged and unplugged. I'll have to get mine in for a proper setup at some stage but you can't go wrong for the money.