Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

faith guitars any good?

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I have a faith parlour, a naked one at that, probably the greatest value for money guitar I've ever found, I've put a small crack in the back, taken a chunk of the head stock and other various bangs and drops and it's still wonderful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Another Faith fan here. I had some problem with original wooden tuners stripping on the inside , but they seem to have changed the wood to what looks like ebony . The new ones I have fitted are fine. My daughter has gigged it a fair amount and travelled on trains/tubes/buses and no issued, though the case did not handle the travel so had to invest in a better case
  • Well thanks everyone, I got the naked parlour today, very nice it seems at the moment.great tone from such a small guitar. Good comments all round it seems?
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    Love my Faith - my only issue is the lack of fretboard inlays make it impossible to teach with. To be fair, it sounded and played so great in Andertons, I didn't even think about the inlays for teaching thing - my fault, not the guitars!!
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited February 2014
    bertie said:
    just a headstock thats as ugly as epiphone..............
    The ugly headstock may be one of the contributory factors as to it's playability and tone.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    edited February 2014
    Wolfetone said:
    The ugly headstock may be one of the contributory factors as to it's playability and tone.

the  additional mass of the "beakers hair" end might add to some sustain sure,   but not playability,  Break angle, yeah - but not the shape
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • I think they're wonderful guitars. They're well built and sound as good as many far more expensive guitars.  I have one that I've used for five years and it never lets me down. I bought another but the sound is similar to my Venus and I now want to sell it because I'm using another guitar for those songs. http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/12224/faith-saturn-eclipse-dreadnought-cutaway-fecs-and-faith-hard-case-for-sale-415-o-n-o#latest
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I've had a Faith Saturn Trembesi for a couple of years - beautiful guitar and the sound and playability is superb.
  • I bought my third or fourth Faith earlier this year - a knackered Naked Venus - but it's tone is wonderfully rich and complex. They're designed with electric players in mind though - thin and narrow necks.
    edited March 2014
     - thin and narrow necks.
    narrow yes,  I wouldnt say they are particularly thin - except perhaps compared to some martin and yamaha tree trunks   :)    

perhaps Ive just owned/played a lot of slim necked acoustics   :D  

TBH I havent had the faith out of the case in months.....
  • bertie said:
     - thin and narrow necks.
    narrow yes,  I wouldnt say they are particularly thin - except perhaps compared to some martin and yamaha tree trunks   :)    

perhaps Ive just owned/played a lot of slim necked acoustics   :D  

TBH I havent had the faith out of the case in months.....
    Yeah, I guess. They just feel thin to me as I'm more used to "tree trunks". :)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Isn't George Michael a big fan of the brand?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Taxi for @richardhomer !!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Fast Taxi for @richardhomer !!
    better  ;)

• There is a gross misrepresentation in the statement above.  They are not made in China.  Patrick James Eggle has trained a family of luthiers in Indonesia  and Faith guitars as sent to England for set up and inspection by Patrick's staff in England before they are shipped.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 600
    edited June 2017
    I recently bought a Faith Mercury Natural (parlour sized). I would qualify this assessment of Faith guitars on the basis that my sample size is one, but I've been incredibly impressed with it. All solid woods, Grover tuners hard case and impeccable set up for ridiculous money. They are made in Indonesia (not China) and as the above post states, they are set up under Eggle's guidance and it does show. The only thing that sets this apart from high end guitars to me is that the bracing is a bit messy on the inside in terms of glue over-spill. The nut and bridge saddle are also plastic, rather than bone as you might find on a high end guitar. 

Overall you get a professional quality guitar built from quality materials for a very reasonable price. What's not to like?

• dazzer22dazzer22 Frets: 44

haven't read all the post I'm going to say no , its true they are  well built , look the part , but I don't like how they sound , I have tried a few faith guitars including the Neptune and for me they are lacking something in how they sound , so a cheaper guitar might not be as well made but sound better .  so try it out before buying it

• MartinBMartinB Frets: 178
    edited September 2017
    A friend I play bass with has had one for a few months.  I'm not sure of the model, but it's a cutaway electro acoustic, matte sunburst with no binding.  It sounds fine unplugged, but it's boxy and feedback prone when amplified, the preamp has died and had to be repaired and his sweat has eaten through big patches of the topcoat, so it looks trashed already.  It has quite a hard life doing regular pub sessions, but so far it hasn't made a great impression.  
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    As silly as it sounds the name and the logo really puts me off. However I tried one and it was quite decent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom