What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    BigMonka said:

Oh my oh my, that's gorgeous!

Is it me or does that have fake binding 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have the 2016 satin gold top too.
    superb guitar, one of the best i've had tbh.
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    underdog said:
    BigMonka said:

Oh my oh my, that's gorgeous!

Is it me or does that have fake binding 
    I think that's just the non-tinted maple top cap, but I could be wrong.

I just got one of the 2016 60's tributes in honeyburst. Looks fantastic to me, but then I never thought I would ever have a Gibson Les Paul so I'm quite happy I now do!
    A couple of little issues but mostly just with finishing and qc. Sorted now and it's playing nicely. Still can't quite make up my mind if I prefer it overall to my Strat but I'm sure I'll decide in time.
    Yeah, looks like maple has been taped off before painting, but the goldtop doesn't look to have that, odd.
  • I have 3 Les Paul's 

My classic has binding so looks great but my favourite to play are my BFG and my Joe perry sig black burst and neither of those have binding at all

Les Paul Tribute T 2017 are fantastic for the money at £599 but as you say nobody has them in stock at the moment. I quite fancy a Gold top at that price 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited April 2017
    Having had a mooch online earlier these seem to be very popular and held in high regard 

I'm very keen to get one myself now. GG are the only store that has one in stock but asking £799. I'll wait as that's £200 more and they won't match, plus I wouldn't give them my money if they were the last store in business 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Having had a mooch online earlier these seem to be very popular and held in high regard 

I'm very keen to get one myself now. GG are the only store that has one in stock but asking £799. I'll wait as that's £200 more and they won't match, plus I wouldn't give them my money if they were the last store in business 
    Seems like we all want one anyway, gonna be a bit of a stampede when they're finally available

be like black friday
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2554
    edited April 2017
    Sorry to sound like a broken record but if you can, grab one. I absolutely love mine, it always puts a smile on my face when I play it. Beautiful tones can be had through a decent amp. It's a full-on Les Paul in my opinion. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Having had a mooch online earlier these seem to be very popular and held in high regard 

If they're the only ones with them in stock, who are they going to price match? 
    It's almost always in the T&C's that to match you've got to provide a price from a UK store with stock available & to account for delivery charges. 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_les_paul_tribute_fcsb.htm

Thomann have these in stock free shipping 636.00 

caught my eye eye the other day when a thread was debating the heavy up charge for binding and a hard case 

looks like it would do the job
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_les_paul_tribute_fcsb.htm

Thomann have these in stock free shipping 636.00 

caught my eye eye the other day when a thread was debating the heavy up charge for binding and a hard case 

looks like it would do the job
    Ugh, no wonder it's still in stock.  Is it the Pennywise Signature Edition?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Having had a mooch online earlier these seem to be very popular and held in high regard 

If they're the only ones with them in stock, who are they going to price match? 
    It's almost always in the T&C's that to match you've got to provide a price from a UK store with stock available & to account for delivery charges. 
    Yes you're correct however I have had many a store price match even though the competitor was still awaiting stock. 

Some are very good like that 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Andertons have them on pre-order. Tempted with a Gold Top.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited April 2017

I've always fancied one and at that price I've talked myself in to it now 

Damn you starting this thread

Many places saying July is the next shipment. That's ages away for my liking and by which time Gibson would have realised that they're too good for the money and will rack up another 20-25% on top lol. 
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Ordered a Honeyburst from Reidys via Amazon last night @ £599.

Really really really shouldn't have read this thread...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's a hell of a lot of guitar for £600 fair play. If they done a colour I liked that I didn't have a Les Paul in already I think I'd probably buy one for the sake of it.
  • underdog said:
    That's a hell of a lot of guitar for £600 fair play. If they done a colour I liked that I didn't have a Les Paul in already I think I'd probably buy one for the sake of it.

Many places saying July is the next shipment. That's ages away for my liking 
    That's my thinking mate 

I've two black les Paul's and a honey burst plain top classic. Always fancied a gold top. Will probably go all Slash on it and change the pups to black uncovered SD Slash models 
    underdog said:

That's my thinking mate 

I've two black les Paul's and a honey burst plain top classic. Always fancied a gold top. Will probably go all Slash on it and change the pups to black uncovered SD Slash models 

I've got a goldtop LPJ already, which I've still yet to do the faux binding on, I think the only colours I could be sold on now are a coppertop or a trans black.
  • underdog said:
    underdog said:

That's my thinking mate 

I've got a goldtop LPJ already, which I've still yet to do the faux binding on, I think the only colours I could be sold on now are a coppertop or a trans black.

You would love the trans black top on my Joe Perry, AAA top too. No binding though 
    underdog said:
    underdog said:

That's my thinking mate 

You would love the trans black top on my Joe Perry, AAA top too. No binding though 

I do really like those, it was the guitar that brough trans black to my attention. Very nice, binding I can do without on most finishes to be honest.