SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Presonus Audiobox USB, TC Impact Twin

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26665
edited July 2017 in Studio & Rec £
Presonus Audiobox USB - £45 delivered SOLD

Great little 2 in / 2 out starter interface, this - surprisingly good audio quality, feels solid and works perfectly when powered from your USB bus (so it'd make a brilliant pair for your laptop while you're on the road). 2 x combination XLR/instrument inputs, 2 x jack line outputs, headphone out and MIDI in/out.

In case you're curious about trying something different, the Presonus also works perfectly out-of-the-box with Linux.

TC Impact Twin (Firewire) - £70 delivered

This one's a bit more fancy; not only does it have the same XLR/instrument inputs, it's got 4 line inputs and outputs on the back, S/PDIF in/out (stereo in each direction) and 8 channels of ADAT in/out. On top of that, it also has a built-in compressor with loads of really good presets for various use cases, a parametric EQ and monitoring reverb; these features are all accessible from the software control panel.

I'll bundle a Firewire PCI-E card I've got kicking around with this, as well as a Firewire cable and an optical cable for the ADAT connection. With a bit of cajoling, this one works with Linux too; I used it to record our EP, along with a Behringer ADA8000, and it performed flawlessly.

I may even show it the duster...

<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments