SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Budda Superdrive SD45 II Head, Pre-Peavey, Original Dual Rectifier Model, NOW £695

StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1446
edited September 2017 in Amps £
Bit of a shocker that I'm selling this one given how much I've eulogised it in the past, but it's just not going to be used in what I do for the foreseeable future so I'm freeing up some funds

Dave Friedman-designed pre-amp, this is one of THE great rock amps IMO. It's one of the original models, not just pre-Peavey but back to when they still had the tube/solid state rectifier switch - these are the most sought-after Superdrives of all! 45 watts of loud KT66 goodness, goes from a brilliant Hendrix-y plexi clean to a perfect AC/DC crunch on its clean channel, with the drive channel offering up loads of gain but remaining very articulate and clear in the process. Single note leads are incredibly thick-sounding. There's a Joe Bonnamassa demo online that shows this clearly, from back when he was using them.

It is in absolutely unmarked condition, no marks in the leather at all, it's never even left my studio since the day it was delivered there and has been kept in its custom-built flight case whenever not in use since day one. Footswitch, spare KT66s included.

It cost me £2200 new, I'm looking for a grand less than that.

Now £850 plus postage, or collection from Glasgow-ish.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments