Public Service Broadcasting

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
Any love for them here?

They make the most glorious noise. The first time I heard them, I got goosebumps almost as much as when I first heard Interpol's debut album.

What a band...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Fantastic. Only recently discovered them and now on my "must see live" list.

new album due out soonish
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    I saw them in Cambridge a few years back, they were very entertaining but each and everyone of their samples was blown out which was a damn shame. My sister is a big fan.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    They are the only band I've seen that hasn't suffered from 'Terrible FOH' in the Library. That was a couple of years back, before they had a proper album iirc
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I've been a fan since the War Rooms days - pretty much everything they've done since is brilliant.
    Stop crying, start buying
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Yup, loved them from first hearing Spitfire on 6 Music. Saw them live on the first album tour, stage full of old TVs all showing the visuals to accompany the tracks. Great set. 
  • I only discovered them last year, race to space is suberb; I've yet to hear the first album. Looking forward to seeing them at Festival 6 this year.

The new album's theme is the rise and fall of the Welsh coal mine industry.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    One of my favourite bands .. stumbled over them when they started out via their first EP.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    edited May 2017
    They're awesome. Was at the Brixton gig they recorded/filmed/released, it was epic. 
  • Any views on the new album? It sounded a bit forced to begin with, it took a few listens, but today, driving amongst the Welsh hills (albeit in slate country, not coal), it clicked and all the samples felt right with the music. Intelligent, uplifting instrumental music. No long to wait till I get to see them at Festival 6 :)
    Any views on the new album? It sounded a bit forced to begin with, it took a few listens, but today, driving amongst the Welsh hills (albeit in slate country, not coal), it clicked and all the samples felt right with the music. Intelligent, uplifting instrumental music. No long to wait till I get to see them at Festival 6 :)
    I'm really enjoying it (apart from You + Me, which is just a terrible song)

Musically, I'd say it's their best yet
  • Moss said:
    Any views on the new album? It sounded a bit forced to begin with, it took a few listens, but today, driving amongst the Welsh hills (albeit in slate country, not coal), it clicked and all the samples felt right with the music. Intelligent, uplifting instrumental music. No long to wait till I get to see them at Festival 6 :)

Yes, I find You + Me really out of place on the album, sort of cuts the flow. Shame really, I am a Welsh speaker and it would have been nice to have something better to represent the language on the album, if that was the intention! Maybe it will work better live?
    Moss said:

Yes, I find You + Me really out of place on the album, sort of cuts the flow. Shame really, I am a Welsh speaker and it would have been nice to have something better to represent the language on the album, if that was the intention! Maybe it will work better live?
    No idea, but it just makes me cringe

Willgoose isn't the most natural singer...
  • Moss said:
    Moss said:

No idea, but it just makes me cringe

Willgoose isn't the most natural singer...
    He should have stuck with the samples
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    Love the new record. Yeah, JWE's singing is.. unexpected. But who cares, it's all a tour de force. Proper "art" this stuff. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Enjoyed the Race for Space, but first impressions of the new album aren't great. Didn't grab me at all, and felt tremendously MOR. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6904
    Enjoyed the Race for Space, but first impressions of the new album aren't great. Didn't grab me at all, and felt tremendously MOR. 
    Apart from the dire duet I quite like the new album.

I loved the first EP and album but quite happy to swerve Race for Space!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Saw them last night at Festival No 6. Truly outstanding live band, they went down a storm with the crowd. A must see if you get the chance. 
  • Saw them again last night at Bangor on the first gig of their mini welsh tour before playing the Albert Hall next week.They have a new EP out today on a Titanic theme.

I stood close in front of Willgoose; interesting to see how he triggers the samples himself with a pad, often whilst playing guitar between strums! He loops a lot of guitar riffs too. Couldn't see an amp, just a small pedalboard. A great selection of nice guitars which he changed for every song. The sound mix at Pontio, Bangor was top notch. Great band. They Gave Me a Lamp gives me goosebumps everytime.

• The new EP is fantastic! They've smashed it again. Just tingly! 

https://open.spotify.com/track/1KiJg9Km2OOONHeI3p1HgG?si=8SoKrjkaTeuJTbrhIqPl5w

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    PSB are great, worthy inheritors of the initials!

I love the duet with JDB, Every Valley is even better than their first two albums.

To continue the "I was there" theme, I also got into them from the "War room" EP.  A song called "Spitfire" sampling "First of the Few" could have been written for me personally.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...