NT

It appears I can't put more than two letters in the discussion title field lest I get locked up with an error message.  So, NT stands for New Track.  This is actually 3 songs that run together titled "Horror Trilogy", each of which contain riffs that were entered into the rotm and rawrotm competitions over the last few months.  Some people expressed an interest in hearing the finished product.  The first part is a solo guitar piece, part two goes full out "guitar/bass/drums" rock with some synth embellishment and part 3 is totally synth even though I used a guitar to play the synth part in the comp entry.    

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26452
    Are you posting from a PC (in which case...which browser are you using?) or a mobile device (in which case...which one?)?
    <space for hire>
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    A PC using Google Chrome.   I rarely start a new discussion so I don't know how long this has been a problem.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    Nice job with this! The first section is like an inverted Stairway To Heaven; Stairway To Hell.... the other two section belong in a horror film, do you do any soundtrack work?
    A PC using Google Chrome.   I rarely start a new discussion so I don't know how long this has been a problem.
    Could you post a screenshot of the error next time it happens, please?
    <space for hire>

Questions that may already have your answer:

parsererror (SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0)

A soon as I type a 3rd character this shows up above and locks up the whole process.  I have to click back to home and start again.  After several attempts I found out it would allow me to continue if I only used two characters.

IMC1980 said:
    Nice job with this! The first section is like an inverted Stairway To Heaven; Stairway To Hell.... the other two section belong in a horror film, do you do any soundtrack work?
    Thanks, so far it's been companies and individuals that operate bigger halloween attractions that use my music.  I would like to see some this music go in that direction though.  Some of my earlier solo guitar music was used in soundtracks, before I went into the "spooky" direction.

A soon as I type a 3rd character this shows up above and locks up the whole process.  I have to click back to home and start again.  After several attempts I found out it would allow me to continue if I only used two characters.
    That's totally normal - it's a bug in the software which I struggled to sort for the previous release; everybody gets it. Just ignore it, and you should still be able to post your thread.
    <space for hire>

That's totally normal - it's a bug in the software which I struggled to sort for the previous release; everybody gets it. Just ignore it, and you should still be able to post your thread.
    OK thanks, I think where I got hung up was I wanted to preview to see what the soundcloud link looked like and that wouldn't respond.  

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    Interesting music. The style would be suited to a soundtrack for something dark and twisted.
    It's not a competition.