So Finally Got to the Top of KOT List

What's Hot
peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Email came through last night and promptly ordered.

Options jack the price quite a bit, but I'm planning to keep this one (ex-wife made me sell my first).

And now I wait!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Lucky Dude! Bought my KOT 2nd hand a couple years back and can't do with out it now, Analog Mike is the man! 

I put myself on the list for another one but still waiting 18 months down the line!! They must be super busy at Analogman HQ! 

What specs did you go for?? 

• Mine should becoming up soon also as I'm well over a year on the list.... Curious as to the options also!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

I went on the list 29/11/2015.

Went for four sockets (so can use with a looper)

External mode on the red side

Higher gain both sides

Buffer

Spare bottom

T Shirt!

Oh and white or black if white is sold out.

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    MrMusic said:
    I put myself on the list for another one but still waiting 18 months down the line!! They must be super busy at Analogman HQ! 

I hear it's becoming increasingly difficult to obtain the enriched unicorn dust.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited May 2017
    I'm at the top now. But I don't know if I can justify it. Whenever I hear them, I'm strangely underwhelmed. Whereas I'd kill to get hold of another  7thvn pedal. When my board got stolen last year. I was having kittens trying to get another one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    peteri said: T Shirt!

Good man.........I sold the pedal and kept the T Shirt! Works of (garish purple & yellow) art

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6435
    Can any pedal really be good enough to justify a 2 year wait and boutique price?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Can any pedal really be good enough to justify a 2 year wait and boutique price?
    Buy one without the wait and find out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Analogman-King-Of-Tone-Pedal-Rare-Blue-4-Jack-High-Gain-Red-Side-/132188821143?hash=item1ec7115697:g:xTAAAOSwCQZZFF2t

No affiliation btw.

• MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    To those not understanding what the KOT is, it's easily the best OD out there bar none, tried loads of others and nothing comes close, you have to try one and you'll soon realise that its not just about the tone but the feel, you'll never really know what its about by watching a youtube demo, you need to feel what it does
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    In my opinion, yes.

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I only ever played mine at home where it was fine but nothing exceptional. I'm told they really only shine when played loud.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7083
    jellyroll said:
    I only ever played mine at home where it was fine but nothing exceptional. I'm told they really only shine when played loud.
    Gigged mine for ages, was still underwhelmed and I had it through a Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12, with a Kotzen Tele and a Les Paul Classic loaded with BK Mules.

Still sounded average at best.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gitapikgitapik Frets: 19
    edited May 2017
    jellyroll said:
    That's a truism about a lot of things associated with rock guitar, lol. 

I was on the wait list for a KOT for about a year or more. It really is an excellent fx pedal. But a funny thing happened during that wait time:

Long story short: I picked up an Xact Tone Solutions Precision Multi-Drive. Great sounds and versatility. It's now on my orphan board because I ended up buying and putting the XTS "Preamp" (boost, Multi-Drive, Atomic Overdrive combined) on the larger board. 

A few months after buying the Mulit-Drive, I got the go for the KOT. It was definitely a hard decision...but I really was (and still am) set. KOT is excellent...and so are some of the other units out there. I'm a big fan of the XTS line.

BTW: I used to buy and sell used gear through Analog Mike when he first started up. Cool service and a really nice guy. Now, very obviously, he's doing quite well in other areas.

G.A.S. = "Git a Sound"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1374
    fftc said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Analogman-King-Of-Tone-Pedal-Rare-Blue-4-Jack-High-Gain-Red-Side-/132188821143?hash=item1ec7115697:g:xTAAAOSwCQZZFF2t

No affiliation btw.

Only bought to test my Arse. Bought to make a thumping profit. I am bloody well keeping mine. 20/12/15..... Blue is niiiiiiice!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    fftc said:

No affiliation btw.

£549?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    rsvmark said:
    fftc said:

No affiliation btw.

Only bought to test my Arse. Bought to make a thumping profit. I am bloody well keeping mine. 20/12/15..... Blue is niiiiiiice!
    How much are they direct? Do they attract import duties and VAT?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    So don't take any chances - remember your Green Cross Code!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Red ones are better. 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Well arrived today - £28.49 customs charges, of which £13.50 was the Post Office 'handling fee' which is outrageous

And a nice surprise - they had some white left (which I'd requested)

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u361/Peter_Isaacs/FullSizeRender 11_zpsscuuc2ok.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Why is £13 outrageous?