SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Oil City workshop clearout continues

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10728
edited May 2017 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Here are some more ex demo, and 'mistaken order' pickups going at way under their normal cost!
Oil City Liquidator Telecaster bridge pickup. Overwound to 16.5k for a customer who changed his mind and went for another pickup in our range ... hey ho. Note, because of the amount of wire on this plus the black string wrapping, it is a fairly snug fit in a Tele bridge opening, and care is needed to install it.
£40 delivered. SOLD

Oil City Black Arrow 17k bridge humbucker
, 50mm spaced, black bobbins and black hexagonal pole screws, four conductor wired. Ex demo 
£45.00 delivered ... Held for a customer till 1st June

And the star of the show .... Oil City Masterwound H.E.L 22k, triple magnet array humbucker 
ex demo, bridge, 52mm spaced, black bobbin, four conductor, hex pole screws.
This may well be the world's most powerful passive pickup! 
£60.00 delivered SOLD

Oil City Scrapyard Dog
bridge, nickel covered 50mm, four conductor wired ... brand new
£50.00 delivered SOLD

Oil City Hardman 11k Strat
bridge pickup, reverse (voodoo) staggered, ivory cover, new but mistaken order.
£30.00 delivered SOLD

Oil City Cal.53 Strat middle RWRP pickup,
reverse (voodoo) staggered, black cover, new but mistaken order.
£25.00 delivered SOLD 

Oil City Sawn-Off 14k Tele bridge SC sized humbucker. Ex demo four conductor
£30.00 delivered

Just found another one :-)
Oil City StoneTone bridge pickup. Made with 1mm shorter poles as the original customer wanted to fit it under a Mustang cover (no pole holes) he changed his order ... gurrrrr ... poles are normally flush on a StoneTone, these sit slightly below the surface of the cover. It's cosmetic only.
£25.00 delivered

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Are there pics of these or is the page not loading?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10728
    tFB Trader
    I can do pics if you want ... but I don't usually lol ... a pickup looks like a pickup :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

tFB Trader
    These are going fast ... can't believe I can't find a home for the Black Arrow mind.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3007
    Ash, if the Sawn Off is still available I'll take it please ?
    tFB Trader
    DrBob said:
    It is ... 

• robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    DrBob said:
    It is ... 
    Second dibs! :-)
    roberty said:
    DrBob said:
    It is ... 
    Second dibs! :-)
    Dude if you want it, step in. I was only buying it to add to the parts pile !
    tFB Trader
    First past the post gets the SawnOff 

First past the post gets the SawnOff 
    I've already had more than my fair share of generosity from you Ash. Especially when it comes to rails type single coils. Like I said I'll gladly take it to 'add to stock' as it's bound to come in handy at some point but if @roberty actually has an immediate use for it he's welcome to queue jump :-)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28739
    It's like a Mexican stand-off.

Which in this instance isn't racist, because it's a joke about Fender's production plants. Right?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh wow @DrBob very sporting of you, thanks!  @TheGuitarWeasel PPG?
    roberty said:
    We're all team here !
    DrBob said:
    roberty said:
    We're all team here !
    Cheers, I shall be installing it in my completely battered and in no way collectible '84 Tokai
    roberty said:
    DrBob said:
    roberty said:
    We're all team here !
    Cheers, I shall be installing it in my completely battered and in no way collectible '84 Tokai
    And I hope it makes it rock like a snarling beast of a thing !
    edited May 2017 tFB Trader
    Added to the list ...
    Oil City Masterwound Jingo bridge dog ear P90. Cover and baseplate have been lightly relic treated, and the pickup has been wound to 8.9k for a hot, rock/blues P90 tone.
    New but relic treated ... can be polished back as much or as little as required with a dry cloth.

total bargain for anyone making a Junior copy £50.00 delivered SOLD

• bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    I just installed the H.E.L in a super strat and I had beginning of 'Back to the future' moment.  I got flung across the room.  If Satan is in the market for a pickup that thing would be perfect for those evil roars.  What a brilliant pickup.

Cheers
    tFB Trader
    bassbora said:
    I just installed the H.E.L in a super strat and I had beginning of 'Back to the future' moment.  I got flung across the room.  If Satan is in the market for a pickup that thing would be perfect for those evil roars.  What a brilliant pickup.

Cheers
    Glad you like it mate :-) It's a brute isn't it? But see what I mean about not being simply bass heavy ... it has a quite respectable top end too!

• boydie101boydie101 Frets: 18
    Fancy that black arrow, first I need to thin some guitar bits to fund it!
    tFB Trader
    boydie101 said:
    boydie101 said:
    I can always hold it for you

• bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    bassbora said:

Cheers
    Glad you like it mate :-) It's a brute isn't it? But see what I mean about not being simply bass heavy ... it has a quite respectable top end too!
    It really is brute but what I like about it is the tone and being so hot I can just use the volume to control how much attack I want.  Brilliant.