Songs Like Sympathy for the Devil

What's Hot
mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
We run a band jam/open mic but once a year at Almost blue (a local festival The volunteer guys who come and make up the house band do a gig).

Anyway trying to build up the amount of songs we can do a little.  Andy other guy has a wide range from burning ring of fire up to smells like teen spirit.  Mine is mostly blues rock & roll and a small amount of rock.

We started doing Sympathy for the Devil a while back and tbh I reckon its turned into my best song (along with Shake your money maker and Johnny b' Goode).  also adding hard to handle in vain of grateful dead. 

Anyway i love doing Sympathy for the devil (guess first verse is kinda samanth fish with just sparse chords accompanying a slow verse at end of that verse drums and chords wind up to full speed rhythm and kinda moves into somewhere between stones and Popa chubby.

Trying for life of me to think of another good rock song that has a similar tempo and rhythm that I can add to very my stuff a bit but for life of struggling to come up with something. Mind is blank.

Any inspiration out there?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

anything by Credence CWR

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited May 2017
    Had born on the byou or Suzie Q as thoughts.  wasn't 100% if they be as lively and jumpy for the crowd :)
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited May 2017
    Wishing well. Some kind of wonderful. Rebel Yell.  
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.