DigiTech Whammy plug?

RicRic Frets: 0
Hi, Which barrel size 9v plug fits the Whammy please? I have many daisy chain plugs but only one fits.

That leads on to my next question: how many different 9v barrels are there for pedals and can UK adaptors be found for non-standard sockets like the Whammy please?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    edited May 2017

I have the latest Whammy (5?)it takes s a standard Boss type, not sure about previous versions

I think there are 3 main types of socket (according to my pedal board anyway), Boss type, old MXR/Rat/Dod male plug, EHX.

Could be mistaken but I belive MXR are now using the Boss type?

Also most but not all pedals are 9v.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    edited May 2017

fairly sure my Whammy 4 needed 12V AC so won't work off a standard daisy chain

What version have you got?

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    sgosden said:

Power requirement is a huge differecne in Whammy versions. The version 5 runs off a boss 9v type connector. 
    Version 4 is 9V AC 1.3 Amps
  • I've a Whammy 4, as mentioned above its AC not DC so won't run off of a standard daisy chain. Later models I believe are DC, its worth confirming before you plug in!!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Don't know about the Whammy but some pedals take the 2.5 size instead of the usual Boss type 2.1.
  • RicRic Frets: 0
    Sassafras said:
    Don't know about the Whammy but some pedals take the 2.5 size instead of the usual Boss type 2.1.
    Thanks. Can you get adapters for the 2.5 size please, so that you can use the 9v device with a standard daisy wheel set-up?
    sgosden said:

Power requirement is a huge differecne in Whammy versions. The version 5 runs off a boss 9v type connector. 
    Version 4 is 9V AC 1.3 Amps
      Ugh, thanks, got version 4. Mind you - the power source works ok, it just means I need a dedicated plug for the pedal. I also have a Budda wah which takes an oversize 9v barrel plug, would there be an adapter for that please?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I think Maplins might do a converter plug but @ICBM is the man for this kind of thing.
    Sassafras said:
    I think Maplins might do a converter plug but @ICBM is the man for this kind of thing.
    Thanks - good thinking - I'll head for Maplins! ;)
    And thanks to all for help! - Are there 'like' buttons for this forum please? ;)