SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2010 Gibson SG Special (gloss, not faded)

pottolompottolom Frets: 114
edited June 2017 in Guitars £
2010 Gibson SG Special in cherry.

I got this in a trade recently. It's really, really nice, but I think I'd like to trade or sell because I have just never really loved the look of an SG.

This is the nicer, more expensive version with a gloss finish and mirror knobs rather than the faded. Pretty sure these are now discontinued, and you can only buy the faded edition.

The fretboard is nice dark rosewood rather than baked maple or whatever they're using now.

The neck profile is, I believe, what Gibson calls "SG Rounded". I'm not great at judging neck profiles. To me, it feels quite substantial up at the 12th fret, with a nice taper from the 1st. I think it's definitely fuller than a 60s profile, but it's certainly not in Fender Nocaster territory.

The guitar is a nice weight for an SG, with no neck dive issues. Still very light compared with most guitars - it is an SG after all.

The only mod is that I've added some nice nickel pickup covers that I wasn't using. These are easily removed if you prefer the stock 'naked' look.

The previous owner took it to gigs as a backup guitar, so it has quite a few nicks and dings (especially on the back). However, the condition is otherwise excellent and there's very little in the way of fretwear. No neck breaks or anything like that.

Comes with its original Gibson gig bag.

NOW SOLD, or trade for a guitar of similar value. Tele, Strat, Les Paul Faded/Tribute, Les Paul Junior, Jazzmaster, MIJ 335 copy. In the case of Fenders, probably mainly interested in vintage type models (Classic Player, Classic 60s, Classic 50s) rather than MIM standards or anything like that. Nothing pointy or modern. I could add a couple of hundred quid to the deal if required.

I'm just outside Newcastle upon Tyne. Can travel or courier.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pottolompottolom Frets: 114
    Should also have mentioned - this is nice and resonant and sounds quite loud unplugged!
    edited May 2017
    Can deliver by car to your door (!) in the North East.....

Happy to courier elsewhere.
    edited May 2017
    Couple of trade offers so far, but not quite what I'm looking for.

Just weighed this on my kitchen scale, and according to that it's 7lb square, which feels an ideal weight for an SG - none of the dreaded neck-dive you get with the 6-pounders.
    Bump.
    edited May 2017
    SFS and price drop.