Kell Brook vs Errol Spence

What's Hot
This Saturday - really looking forward to it and I can't see this being anything other than a good fight. 

I've followed Brooks career since he began as a pro and have been to many of his fights - even met him a few times. I get really nervous when he fights (with the exception of the GGG fight) as there is so much at stake. 

Really hoping Brook can do it and confirm my belief that his is one of Britain's few genuine world class boxing talents. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got a festival gig on the Saturday night as well - so I'll record it - avoid the result and get home to watch it!!! 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    She's dated a lot of bald guys, I haven't given up hope
    My V key is broken
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2552
    holnrew said:
    She's dated a lot of bald guys, I haven't given up hope
    I'd be happy to see her stripped to the waist with a pair of boxing gloves on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982

I was a bit surprised by the odds for the fight.  

Brook to win 11/8

Spence Jr. to win 4/7

• duotone said:

Brook to win 11/8

Spence Jr. to win 4/7

You'd have Brook shorter?

Its really hard to find good value in boxing betting wise isn't it?  
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    very interesting fight...I think Brook, but....then you always wonder is Spence the real deal or a hype job. He's only got 1 name on his record and that was Chris Algeri, who's claim to fame at 147 was getting beat easily by PacMan and the a closer fight with Khan. A 140 fighter that stepped up and never won...and is a known powder puff puncher. Spence made easy work of him and stopped him...but all the rest of his opponents have been nobodies. He might be another Jeff Lacy type fighter.........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    duotone said:

Brook to win 11/8

Spence Jr. to win 4/7

You'd have Brook shorter?

Its really hard to find good value in boxing betting wise isn't it?  
    Yeah it's hard for us "normal" small fry gamblers.

Weird thing was I checked the odds yesterday of Gervonta Davis beating Liam Walsh odds which were awful, but odds were much better saying the fight wouldn't go 12 rounds.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Brook should do it. He's very good at that weight. His career challenge will be sticking to this weight, as he's probably just not big enough to do it at the next weight. Hell of a do for Bramall Lane too.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Spence has good boxing skills but doesnt pack a dig.
  • BradBrad Frets: 659
    I really hope Kell Brook does the business just so him and Khan can finally sort their shit out. 
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    Cheering for a Brook win but I think Spence will do it. It's a big step up in class for Spence but I expect Kell to be drained by the weight and he'll really feel Spence's body punches.

Also cheering for Groves who should beat the durable but basic Chudinov.
  • Brad said:
    I really hope Kell Brook does the business just so him and Khan can finally sort their shit out. 
    I'd love to see this fight - it'd be a great meeting of styles/skill sets - but its getting less and less likely for me, particularly if Brook wins, he just won't need the Khan fight. 

For it to happen Khan needs a worthwhile title or Brook needs to be coming off a loss and be needing to build his profile again. 

@celentium - agreed, I've come round to Groves. He deserves his title and this will be his best chance to get it. 
    Errol Spence on the scales at 3.00 & Kell Brook on the scales at 3.45

• BradBrad Frets: 659
    Brad said:
    I'd love to see this fight - it'd be a great meeting of styles/skill sets - but its getting less and less likely for me, particularly if Brook wins, he just won't need the Khan fight. 

For it to happen Khan needs a worthwhile title or Brook needs to be coming off a loss and be needing to build his profile again. 

@celentium - agreed, I've come round to Groves. He deserves his title and this will be his best chance to get it. 
    It sums up boxing politics, who knows what variables it'll take to make it happen. I think there are very real issues between them but I think Brook would take the fight with no titles (providing it's a fair split). Khan I'm not so sure. If Brook loses against Spence I could very see Khan using that as an excuse to not fight him - ''he's fought no-one, doesn't deserve to share a ring with me, not in my league'' etc which has been his standard line so far (the GGG and Canelo fights don't count in my eyes, unwise moves for both Khan and Brook).

Saying that, if Brook wins but doesn't look great, or loses and/or loses badly, could it tempt Khan? He might see it as an easy nights work. That's why I think Mayweather vs Pacquiao and GGG vs Canelo eventually got made. For the record, I think Mayweather would've beaten Pacquiao when they should've fought around 5 years earlier. But that's another debate for another day...

If Brook beats the upcoming next best thing in Spence, and looks good doing it, will the clamour will be too much for a man of Khan's pride to turn down?

Let's just hope the reaction to the Joshua/Klitschko fight will inspire both camps to sort it out.

Regarding Groves, I feel for the guy to be honest. I watched the first fight and while I think Froch was getting on top and would've won, I think it was ended prematurely and I don't think he's ever properly recovered from that 'injustice' nor the KO in the second meeting. I think Groves and DeGale have some unfinished business too!
  • Brad said:
     (the GGG and Canelo fights don't count in my eyes, unwise moves for both Khan and Brook).

So true. - the reverse fights should've happened then - GGG Canelo and Khan Brook. Instead you had those two farcical fights with Khan and Brook fighting way above their weight (and fair do's to the pair of them for taking the fights - which Eubank Jnr dodged)

I think Mayweather would've beaten Pacquiao when they should've fought around 5 years earlier. But that's another debate for another day...

Again I agree - peek Mayweather would've beaten Pacquiao. 

If Brook beats the upcoming next best thing in Spence, and looks good doing it, will the clamour will be too much for a man of Khan's pride to turn down?

I see this as the other way round - If Brook wins I don't think he needs the Khan fight, I'd understand if you said Khan has the bigger profile (especially in America) but I'd argue he is on the slide and Brook is on the raise. If Brook looses the Khan fight would be big and attractive for him. 

Regarding Groves, I feel for the guy to be honest. I watched the first fight and while I think Froch was getting on top and would've won, I think it was ended prematurely and I don't think he's ever properly recovered from that 'injustice' nor the KO in the second meeting. I think Groves and DeGale have some unfinished business too!

Totally agree - I'd love to see Groves Degale again (though the first fight wasn't a great watch). Degale has certainly aged better than Groves imo. 

• Come on Kell!!!!!!!!
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    Looking forward to this fight 

Kell needs this 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Spence was spectacular from 5th onwards.

Shame for Brook as he had some great moments tonight.