Big Mouth Strikes Again !

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
Not quite sure what he's ranting about, but Morrisey's clearly narked about Manchester suicide bombing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40026536

Seems like he's narked people aren't upset or angry enough .... or something ! :/

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Selective quotes there - read the whole thing. A few things I do agree with - all the politicians pussyfooting around calling it an extremist attack when it was sponsored by IS and co ... too afraid they'll lose the Muslim vote.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533
    edited May 2017
    To keep the Smiths theme going, one of the loveliest things I saw posted on Twitter yesterday was 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'. 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6435
    Fretwired said:
    Selective quotes there - read the whole thing. A few things I do agree with - all the politicians pussyfooting around calling it an extremist attack when it was sponsored by IS and co ... too afraid they'll lose the Muslim vote.
    The entire post left a bad taste. Not necessarily because of disagreeing with the points he makes, but more because it didn't feel like the right emphasis at the right time. Felt a bit tasteless to be using it as a platform for a political rant, even though of course those questions also need to be addressed in due time.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Fretwired said:
    True, but he seems to mainly be lashing out just for the sake of it.  Compare his to Johnny Marr's response .....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    The entire post left a bad taste. Not necessarily because of disagreeing with the points he makes, but more because it didn't feel like the right emphasis at the right time. Felt a bit tasteless to be using it as a platform for a political rant, even though of course those questions also need to be addressed in due time.
    I agree,  but I do like people who speak their mind rather than trot out the usual platitudes to ensure they're 'on message' ... IS didn't exist until Blair and Bush went to war in Iraq. Our politicians need to speak against Islamlic fundamentalism even if it upsets Muslim communities.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Jalapeno said:
    Fretwired said:
    True, but he seems to mainly be lashing out just for the sake of it.  Compare his to Johnny Marr's response .....
    What? Manchester stands together?

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    Morrissey is an ageing dullard who can't resist the spotlight even in the most inappropriate circumstances. Nothing chnages, I suppose.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    Morrissey is an ageing dullard who can't resist the spotlight even in the most inappropriate circumstances. Nothing chnages, I suppose.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Fretwired said:Our politicians need to speak against Islamlic fundamentalism even if it upsets Muslim communities.
    True. But it wont happen because people will brandish the racism card.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10231
    Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before.

;) 
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    Tune!!!
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22097
    Jalapeno said:
    Fretwired said:
    True, but he seems to mainly be lashing out just for the sake of it. 

Whining about politicians with their positions of safety makes one ask this question: when's the last time you saw Morrissey play live without security?

He's a fucking Vegas Elvis act now. Hasn't released a decent album since Southpaw Grammar and is content to bathe in American idolatry. 

Jalapeno said:
    Fretwired said:
    True, but he seems to mainly be lashing out just for the sake of it. 

Whining about politicians with their positions of safety makes one ask this question: when's the last time you saw Morrissey play live without security?

He's a fucking Vegas Elvis act now. Hasn't released a decent album since Southpaw Grammar and is content to bathe in American idolatry. 

Southpaw Grammar is indeed his last corker, agreed

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22097
    I loved it when it came out. The press hated it and were fucking wrong. I've had it on my Flac player constantly for the last year and it's still great. Spencer Cobrin on the drums, absolute blinder. 

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Fretwired said:
    I agree,  but I do like people who speak their mind rather than trot out the usual platitudes to ensure they're 'on message' ... IS didn't exist until Blair and Bush went to war in Iraq. Our politicians need to speak against Islamlic fundamentalism even if it upsets Muslim communities.
    How is speaking out against Islamic fundamentalism going to change anything? Fundamentalists aren't going to pay attention.

As you said, IS didn't exist until  we started dropping bombs on Iraq and sidelining the Sunnis. This all starts from disbanding the Iraqi army and the purge of Sunnis from Iraq administration.

It's a political issue that is using religion as a convenient recruiting tool.

Also we're still happy to sell arms to the Saudis, who are dropping bombs on Yemen and as we speak are creating the next generation of terrorists as a result.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Thing about Morrisey is this, he is deliberately ambiguous. You can read whatever you want into his quotes. When you finally figure out what he is getting at, it's usually worth listening to.

He doesn't actually say anything in that post, it's allusions. So many misinterpretations on the comments, which will give him the little ego massage he craves, but the underlying message of outrage is evident across the board.

He's cleverer than you think.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    blobb said:
    He's cleverer than you think.

He's almost certainly less clever than he thinks he is.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited May 2017

Franklin Mint is proud to present the latest "Massive Bell-Ends of the North" collectors plate

One in a series of several thousand - 'The Morrissey'.

I loved it when it came out. The press hated it and were fucking wrong. I've had it on my Flac player constantly for the last year and it's still great. Spencer Cobrin on the drums, absolute blinder. 
    EXCELLENT drummer, good call

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    There are 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes and that Morrisey is a bell end
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....