Which cheap 112 cabinet?

JD50JD50 Frets: 658

I need a cheap 112 cab & am looking at Harley Benton & Jet City on Thomann.

Any thoughts on these or are they much of a muchness?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g112.htm?ref=search_rslt_112+cab_139026_25

https://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_12s.htm

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Got a Harley Benton 212 with V30s. Had it for years, amazing value really.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Likewise the Jet City 1x12 is excellent. The stock Eminence is plenty capable.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2348
    that HB one is MDF- you really want the plywood one, with the v30.

the jet city also has the option of open-backed versus closed, while the v30-loaded HB is open-backed IIRC.
    The Jet City is ply and does indeed have a convertible back. It also features a speaker emulated line out - very handy.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Cheers for the insight guys. Think I will go for the Jet City, I don't think HB do a 112 ply cab and I don't want a 212.
    JD50 said:
    Cheers for the insight guys. Think I will go for the Jet City, I don't think HB do a 112 ply cab and I don't want a 212.
    Yeah they do:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g112vintage.htm?ref=search_rslt_Harley+1x12_309922_0
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    Just read about this recently,Bugera have a new TS1x12,don't know about it's construction,but it.s at Thomann.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    GrahamG said:
    Just read about this recently,Bugera have a new TS1x12,don't know about it's construction,but it.s at Thomann.

Looks very much like the HB one? Never heard of a Turbosound speaker.

Did notice the HB ply cab, will still go for the Jet City as the speaker is 100watts as is my amp... unlikely I will ever need to turn it up that far but would be fun just the once :)

• GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    Turbosound,where a major force in the Concert PA system industry,from the early '70's,not sure when they started to dip,i suspect it was when the line array systems came into the industry.
    They are now part of the Music Group,which own Behringer,Midas,Bugera,Turbosound,Klark Teknic & a lot of money & expertise has been pumped into all of them(it must be true,i read it) =)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Lean Business do the montage range, great ply boxes and you pick your preferred driver.