BOSS FB 2

Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 981
Anyone any experience of using one of these?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Yup, it's a very serviceable booster, the EQ hump feature works really nicely and the feedback bit does exactly what it should do too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Fantastic pedal. The mid-hump boost is nice, it adds overdrive as you increase the hump. It can work as an almost-transparent clean boost without overdrive as well. The feedback feature is really excellent to play around with and works at low volumes as well as at gig levels. 
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
    I'm confused.....you posted almost exactly the same discussion on May 24th, lol?
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I want to get one of these and the new Digitech Freqout, and see what mayhem I can unleash with both.
  • I'm confused.....you posted almost exactly the same discussion on May 24th, lol?
    Thank you...... I had a vague feeling that I may have done - really should've checked.

So anyone selling one?
  • @vasselmeyer + @mattbanshee ;

Thanks - please let me know if you fancy selling
    I don't think they're rare and pop up on Evilbay  fairly regularly. Mine's going nowhere though!
  • I don't think they're rare and pop up on Evilbay  fairly regularly. Mine's going nowhere though!
    Its stayed the test of time on your board? Thats a good sign.

After a brief search I haven't been able to see them readily available new - but have spotted a used one on Amazon for £60 which seems pretty reasonable. 
    It's s been on my board for at least five years. £60 sounds about right. 
  • @vasselmeyer - I figure it can replace two pedals on my board - the EHX freeze and either one of my EP booster or tube screamer.

Thanks for the input.  
    Possible. bear in mind that  when you hold the switch down to get the feedback feature , the pedal is also turned on. So you also get  whatever boost, overdrive and EQ  you have set the pedal to.  Depending on what gig I'm playing, I set it in one of two ways. The first is  as a  traditional dirty boost and it goes into  my other OD and fuzz pedals, essentially it's just a solo boost and I rarely use the feedback feature on it.

The other way I set it as always on and as neutral as possible at the front of the chain. There is no EQ, no overdrive and no  volume boost. I get all my other drive from my pedals and amp and when I want  feedback  I just stand on the FB2. Then I can get feedback on demand with whatever sound my other pedals are giving me.

So it is actually several pedals in one, but you can only  set  it and use it as one, possibly two , at a time.
  • Possible. bear in mind that  when you hold the switch down to get the feedback feature , the pedal is also turned on. So you also get  whatever boost, overdrive and EQ  you have set the pedal to.  Depending on what gig I'm playing, I set it in one of two ways. The first is  as a  traditional dirty boost and it goes into  my other OD and fuzz pedals, essentially it's just a solo boost and I rarely use the feedback feature on it.

The other way I set it as always on and as neutral as possible at the front of the chain. There is no EQ, no overdrive and no  volume boost. I get all my other drive from my pedals and amp and when I want  feedback  I just stand on the FB2. Then I can get feedback on demand with whatever sound my other pedals are giving me.

So it is actually several pedals in one, but you can only  set  it and use it as one, possibly two , at a time.
    Interesting - I typically. use the EHX freeze during songs where there is a breakdown to bass and drums get some noise before kicking back in. I think the feedback feature of the FB 2 would be better for this. But maybe I'd just keep the EP Booster and Tube screamer for my boost/crunch needs.

Again appreciate your input on this.  
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Not selling I'm afraid.

It's a totally different thing to the EHX Freeze though - make sure it'll do what you need before replacing.