eBay Content - Don't you just love an optimist?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
Last time I bought one of these, it cost me £80 - seems like prices have shot up in the past few years....or not.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    The vendor probably shot up before listing that guitar on eBay.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    But it's ideal for the collector who likes Gretsch but not the cost :) sign me up 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14213
    tFB Trader
    I think I should go back to bed - had a look at 2 posts today @HarrySeven and obviously today is the day the lunatics are having a day out of the asylum - they are seriously deluded prices
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    I admire the carefully applied dust on the headstock. I call this non destructive relicing. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7845
    Deluded
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    But its vintage? It's a known fact as soon as a guitar becomes 'vintage' they metamorphosis into incredibly resonant, and much better quality, than any 'so called' instrument'  available today. Not!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    The 'lawsuit era' Encore, we have found ourselves a comedian that appeals exclusively to the guitar geek audience, best book him for the next brum guitarshow.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    "Please study the pictures" -- to note the artfully tarnished cheap hardware perhaps?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    As if there isn't already enough to despair in the human race.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    For full comedic value, please see this Gumtree ad...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

edited May 2017

Model 302 WH. Within the so called "Lawsuit" Era.
    How long was this fabled era, exactly? These Encores were manufactured c. Late ‘80’s.

It was made to the same standards if not better than the ES275 Gibson and Gretsch Jazz Guitars.
    And this is a fact?

Please note the ...Mother of Pearl work on the bridge face.
    The bridge face?!?

Ideal for a collector who likes the look of a Gretsch without the costs.
    Ah, a Gretsch-loving cheapass.

edited May 2017
    Hitler diaries. Get your Hitler diaries here. Genuine, limited edition, "war suit" era Hitler diaries. Any takers?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Someone should invent a Bedroom Trader Hyperbole Generator...just input your guitar specs and it will spit out an over-effusive, exaggerated-claim eBay/Gumtree ad using variants of "Mojo", "Lawsuit", "Plays like butter", blahblahblah...

How about turning that into a Bingo game? Points for each word. Advert with the most bovine by-product wins a prize. 

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Someone should invent a Bedroom Trader Hyperbole Generator...just input your guitar specs and it will spit out an over-effusive, exaggerated-claim eBay/Gumtree ad using variants of "Mojo", "Lawsuit", "Plays like butter", blahblahblah...

Like bluffball from IT Crowd, but for guitars.
    edited May 2017
    Couldn't help myself, am supposed to be working so the obvious thing to do is to troll the guy.

Just asked him how he'd describe the sustain when he LOOKS at the guitar and what its aroma is like -'as that is such an important factor in vintage instruments'.

Let's see what bull he responds with.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    HarrySeven said:
    For full comedic value, please see this Gumtree ad...

For a guitar "built by the best guitar makers in the world", and for it to play "like a dream and with such crisp sounding notes" and for it to sound "awesome" and that it is "in fact ... better than the Gibson and a very nice quality guitar", I'm obviously missing something.
    edited May 2017
    fandango said:
     I'm obviously missing something.

Coke is it.
    I have had a reply:
    'We are not selling this is as a prized vintage instrument, merely as a very cheap japanese copy of similar guitars that sell for several thousands.. I've never ever wanted to smell this guitar as it's value is in the sound rather than an illusory sensation from my nasal passages'.

I responded  with a question about hide glue and it's unmistakable aroma of fresh manure...for some reason they haven't responded. :(
    £850 for a very cheap Jap copy...