SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD- Fender American Vintage Thin Skin '59 Strat Sunburst

chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
edited June 2017 in Guitars £
£1,100 for Fretboard members! Now updated - will consider trades against a Jazzmaster

I brought this from Dave's guitar last year and it was so amazingly resonant with a lovely comfortable neck, I promised that it was a keeper. I'll regret letting it go, but I just prefer the feel of relics rather than waiting to relic the guitar myself (lazy I know!)

Please contact me for pics or view the eBay listing 

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-American-Vintage-Thin-Skin-59-Stratocaster-With-54-Custom-Shop-Pickups-/322548905214?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE

Theres already been a lot of interest so this won't be around for long.

Super rare and only available from Wildwood/ Daves guitar in the US. They retail at $2,299 plus shipping and import duties so they're expensive!

What's special about a thin skin? You get custom shop pickups and probably more importantly 9.5 inch radius and 6105 frets so it's a vintage spec guitar that's actually playable, unlike the standard American Vintage with tiny frets and curvy radius. The thin skin paint is also applied differently to Fenders so called "flash coat" nitro to allow the wood to breathe. Because Wildwood and Daves are such huge dealers, they tell Fender what to build and you get proper top of the line guitars. I'd argue the only reason you'd buy a custom shop vs one of these is to get a relic finish. If you're looking nos, these are as good.

This particular example has a fabulous unplugged ring and is lightweight. I don't have scales to accurately weigh, but it's definitely sub 8 lbs and I'd guess around the mid 7s. 

Comes with original hard shell case as supplied.

If you're after a quality custom shop level strat, it's a no brainer!

Specifications:

Brand Fender

Model American Vintage "Thin Skin" '59 Stratocaster

Finish Color 3-Tone Sunburst

Finish Type Thin Skin Nitro

Body Wood Alder

Neck Wood Maple

Neck Shape "D" shape

Neck Dimensions .830 1st - .970 12th

Fingerboard Slab Rosewood

Fingerboard Radius 9.5"

Scale Length 25.5"

Width at Nut 1.650"

Frets 21 6105 Frets

Pickups 3 Custom Shop '54 Strat Single-Coils

Controls Volume, 2 Tone, 5-Position Switch

Hardware Chrome

Bridge American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo

Tuners Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style

Pickguard 3-Ply Mint

Case Brown Hardshell Case

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    I've had a couple of offers on this through eBay but would prefer to sell to a fretboard member.
    If you're in the market for a great reissue strat with a rosewood fretboard, it doesn't get any better
    3 more offers over the bank holiday weekend but this Beauty still hasn't found a new home
    Updated - will consider trades against a Jazzmaster or Jaguar (ideally US). Let me know what you've got
    On hold
    Potential buyer isn't back in the U.K. till the end of the month so back on sale
    Sold on ebay