Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, London 17 June

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10644
edited June 2017 in Music
Anyone going? Edit see below, I've got a spare ticket if anyone wants to join me
Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    I'm going on the 25th in Glasgow.

Can't wait!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I'm going, actually I'm being dragged along by my old drummer who's a massive Blackmore fan. 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    You guys are lucky.  I love Blackmore's Rainbow stuff, especially with Joe Lynn Turner and Graham Bonnet. He was such a big influence on lots of my favourite players, e.g. Yngwie and Joe Stump. 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610

Can't make this years gigs and missed last years...real bummer...not caught the man since Hammersmith 1995 with Doogie

Something to savour for those going

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 981
    I'll be there, to raise a fist in the air!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I saw them on the Rainbow Rising tour.
    Probably won't go this time 'round.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    will he be wearing his Pilgrim Fathers outfits??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Having seen them a few months after the current Purple line up they completely shat all over Gillan and co. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    Saw them last year so I think that's me done. The singer chappy is excellent, for me a better choice than a 'name' who maybe couldn't quite hack it anymore. 
    Having seen them a few months after the current Purple line up they completely shat all over Gillan and co. 
    Great - can't wait! Might see some of you fellas there :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Image result for zippy from rainbow
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    I hope Ritchie won't bungle any of the solos, etc. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ok ladies and gents, got a spare ticket for Saturday at the O2 if anyone wants to join me? Sensible offers, PM me - cheers. I think they were 75 quid face value but just make me a reasonable offer. entrance B block 405 row q. 
    Gorn
    Rainbow last night was superb! Awesome drumming, powerful singer, really tight but not clinical. Candice et al were great at backing vox and the whole band played really well, plus Russ Ballard came on for Since You've Been Gone!

@headphones @pete24v did you enjoy it?
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I got it wrong, I'm going to Birmingham on the 28th. Glad you enjoyed it, I'm looking forward to it. 
    Ah cool, you'll love it, it was really amazing to see the man. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    edited July 2017
    I find it strange that he waited sooooo long to get back to his old rock music