Mini-pedal question

What's Hot
ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
Just testing a few that will be going up for sale…

Why do they all, almost without fail, have the wrong knob as the big one you can adjust easily?

In most cases it should be the volume/level, since that's the one you can't easily affect using the guitar controls or playing technique and are most likely to have to bend down and tweak on the fly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    You'll like the tube screamer mini then ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7826
    My biggest problem with the mini pedals is their lack of stability. They wobble around on my board.  My mini Rat will spit out the input patch lead. 
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    TheMarlin said:
    My biggest problem with the mini pedals is their lack of stability. They wobble around on my board.  My mini Rat will spit out the input patch lead. 
    That's my issue with my Xotic SL ... sounds amazing tho so I deal. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    The other thing with the ones with 'Borrowers' knobs is that when the super bright LED comes on it blinds you so you can't see the settings unless you lay you pick over it to baffle it!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    The other thing with the ones with 'Borrowers' knobs is that when the super bright LED comes on it blinds you so you can't see the settings unless you lay you pick over it to baffle it!
    It's my one criticism of @ThorpyFX  Love the pedals
    have them all.. can't see a single dial on a dark stage
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    just put a bit of electricians tape over the led lens to mute the brightness 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    Cabicular said:
    57Deluxe said:
    It's my one criticism of @ThorpyFX  Love the pedals
    have them all.. can't see a single dial on a dark stage
    Sorry about that, believe it or not, I've dialled the brightness right back..... however it turns out new leds are extremely efficient. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com