Far Cry 5

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
Announce trailer

Apparently you can have a canine sidekick.

I love the Far Cry games (although Primal didn't appeal so I didn't play it) so this will be a definite purchase (albeit one we have to wait until Feb '18 for) 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Played them all since the original FarCry, great series. Just playing FarCry 4 for the umpteenth time ... will be waiting for this with great anticipation.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    For some reason I can't remember I stopped playing FC4 about 3/4 of the way through! I should dig it out
    Red ones are better. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    I'm glad they're making meaningful thematic changes (Far Cry 4 wasn't that different to Far Cry 3, IMO). I'm interested.

On the subject of Primal, the theme was something I was really excited about, but the game didn't quite hit the mark.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    FC4 was epic. The multiplayer was a good touch.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    sgosden said:
    Something incredibly addictive about creeping around stealthily killing people with a bow-and-arrow ... 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    sgosden said:
    Something incredibly addictive about creeping around stealthily killing people with a bow-and-arrow ... 

me and a mate spent HOURS trying to take the fortresses with just bows and no alarms.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    #4 wasn't different enough to #3 to be a classic, but was still a lot of fun. This should be great. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    For me Horizon Zero Dawn has been the logical next step from Far Cry
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Hmm..  I've never actually played any others than 1st FC. 
    Looks like FC4 is the one to try out - especially for 10 quid.
  • I've only played the first, but might check out Steam to see if there are any cheapies...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    I didn't really like the first 2 Far Cry games, but 3 was great and 4 was essentially more of the same.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Although as it's a Ubisoft flagship series, expect lots of radio towers, encampments, collect-a-thons and other filler content...
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    FC4 is one of the best games Ive played.  I found it incredibly immersive and varied.  FC5 will be on my shopping list, but Im disappointed its not due out till next year.  I wonder if thats deliberate to wait till the release of Xbox Scorpio 

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I thought Primal was brilliant. Loved the step away from guns to more personal combat. 

This looks as good as ever though. One franchise that never disappoints.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    I've only played the first, but might check out Steam to see if there are any cheapies...
    The first Far Cry is unrelated to the others - it's essentially Crysis 0.

Far Cry 2,3, Blood Dragon, 4,Primal, and probably 5 are essentially the same game with different details. The two recent Tomb Raider games and Horizon Zero Dawn are from similar moulds (and presumably the same engine).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    If someone were to jump in now I'd say got for FC4 as it's the one that has refined the formula the most, plus there's all the 'fire a gun from astride a mighty elephant' bits. 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    I think it'd be a shame to miss out on FC3. 2 was a bit clunky.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I'd go with 4 over 3 because with each version the annoyingness of the supernatural segments/bosses has decreased 
    Red ones are better. 
    Although that said, to this day if I come up against any difficult foe in any game, Zach asks if it is difficult as a 'surprise Cassowary' 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I've only played the first, but might check out Steam to see if there are any cheapies...
    The first Far Cry is unrelated to the others - it's essentially Crysis 0.

Far Cry 2,3, Blood Dragon, 4,Primal, and probably 5 are essentially the same game with different details. The two recent Tomb Raider games and Horizon Zero Dawn are from similar moulds (and presumably the same engine).

I thought the recent tomb raiders were disappointing. Those cut scenes where you have to bash buttons at the right time in order to complete a set of cool looking things that you actually can't do in gameplay are the work of the devil. Same applies for the call of duty games... Although I can let that slip for the multiplayer. 

Oh no, someone grabbed you, spin your sticks around, now hit b! Oh, you missed it, game over... Repeat until you manage to do it. Massively interrupts otherwise good gameplay far too often imo. 

Might see if any far cry games are on offer, I have a mystery tenner on my steam account somehow. I'm craving a good single player shooter, I absolutely loved Doom! Just absolutely awesome.

Apparently fallout 4 is cheap at the moment, but I know if I get that I'll never be seen again...