Alegree addition - P90 toned Strat pickup set (The Sub-Zeros)

AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
As has been discussed before, I'm very happy to announce the official addition of the Sub-Zero Strat pickup set to my ever expanding catalogue.

These pickups are like nothing come before. A new, innovative design means these pickups capture the subtleties of P90s and combine them with the aggressive, searing bark they're known and loved for.

These revolutionary pickups combine long alnico rods with a large, overwound coils and passive filtering.

What advantages do these have over the predecessors using little bar magnets and humbucker bobbins?

- These pickups can use the correct wire type - the increased coil area allows fat 42awg wire to be used, and lots of it, to mimic the heavy winding of your typical P90, as opposed to thin wire to cram enough into small bobbins.
- These pickups have a strong magnetic field, like a P90 - previous designs couldn't harness the magnetic field strength of a double bar magnet P90, which is a fundamental part of P90 tone.
- These pickups have passive filtering - manually tweaked EQ. Easy way to get ever closer to that P90 tone.
- These pickups look just like normal Strat pickups! - No worrying about the silly cosmetics of mixing individual Sub-Zeros with your standard Strat pickups.

These pickups are designed to imitate vintage flavoured P90s. If these prove popular enough, higher output models may be explored in future.
Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Sounds like a useful idea any sound files or demo yet
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    I've got some video demos lined up to be done in the not so distant future for all my pickups. Hopefully we'll start getting them out within the next month.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Hopefully, these do a better job of it than the Duncan Strat-Bro90. 

There remains the vulgar matter of the price. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    Alegree said:
    I've got some video demos lined up to be done in the not so distant future for all my pickups. Hopefully we'll start getting them out within the next month.
    I'm planning to record some audio (not video) for my HB P90's Alex made me at sometime.  The pickups I have are excellent. 

tFB Trader
    Alegree said:
    I'm planning to record some audio (not video) for my HB P90's Alex made me at sometime.  The pickups I have are excellent. 

Why thank you :) 
    Don't forget to send me a link or an audio file so I can show it off and give you your subsequent discount code!
    tFB Trader
    Video demo lined up. Keep them peeled.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Sounds intriguing. Looking forward to demo