SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Cheapish bass...prob J type but maybe not

JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
Thinking of buying a cheap bass to use at home with my incoming Helix. (Assuming Bass ok to plug into Helix and when amplify with my guitar valve amp?) Forgive the ignorance....not sure and appreciate advice here. 
Like Fender shape.. .but red Hohner on here looks great.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    JonHosker said:
    Thinking of buying a cheap bass to use at home with my incoming Helix. (Assuming Bass ok to plug into Helix and when amplify with my guitar valve amp?) Forgive the ignorance....not sure and appreciate advice here. 
    Like Fender shape.. .but red Hohner on here looks great.
    Helix is great for bass. Be careful thru your guitar amp - don't spank it too much as your speakers won't be geared up for it. A cheap bass head and cab will cost you £250 if you look hard enough and will get you the most out of helix. 
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Thanks......helpful...will consider bass amp solution jon
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Squier VM Jazz. The best I played in the budget. A regular Squier probably fine if you're just mucking about or demos.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    What is your budget?

The Squier VM Jazz Bass is a no-brainer. The variant with a natural finish and Seventies cosmetics has a body made from soft maple rather than agathis. This seems to lend it a little more high frequency spank. (Handy if you ever want to play slap style.) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Thanks - budget top £180
    Second hand and any condition
    Jon
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Well, I did just post one in response to the "WTB: Jazz Bass Body" thread.