Many made to order pickups available at discount (see explanation)

What's Hot
AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
edited July 2017 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Hi guys,

I'm in need of new, improved product photos for my pickups, as they are pretty horrid at the moment. I'm going to need to make a pickup set of every single colour combination possible (which will be a long job). I'll be offering these at a 25% discount, but of course I'll only be making one type of every combination.

I'll keep a list of everything I've already got, and what I anticipate I'll sell during the period, so any of my other visual combinations are still available (although not currently listed, I'll be adding blue, pink and red bobbins to my humbucker combinations) -
- All P90s 
- Black bobbin slug/screw humbuckers
- Cream bobbin slug/screw humbuckers
- Chrome covered slug/screw humbuckers
- Covered Tele neck/vintage stagger bridge
- Covered Tele neck/flat stagger bridge
- Vintage stagger Strat singles
- Uncovered Tele neck/flat stagger bridge
- Black hex pole humbuckers
- Uncovered Tele neck/vintage stagger bridge

All my pickup descriptions etc can be found on my site www.alegree.co.uk

Please message or post below if you're after something and I'll sort out a discount code for those interested
Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    lots of combinations still available!
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited June 2017
    Do you do a soap bar replacement? Been toying with changing the pups on my prs

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    tFB Trader
    I do, but unfortunately they're not included in this sale as I've already got photos sorted for them.
    Although my prices are still darn good outside of sales ;)
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Alegree said:
    I do, but unfortunately they're not included in this sale as I've already got photos sorted for them.
    I couldn't see those on your website... Perhaps we should have a chat! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    tFB Trader
    Alegree said:
    I couldn't see those on your website... Perhaps we should have a chat! 
    https://www.alegree.co.uk/collections/p90-sized-pickups
    tFB Trader
    Still lots to go! I've added my exclusive gloss top Tele bridges to this now!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    OK, @Alegree - I'm gonna go ahead and move this to the Made in the UK section, since you're actually a business (so as not to confuse people).

No biggy...if you're not sure where to post something, by all means just send me a PM and we'll figure it out between us :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    OK, @Alegree - I'm gonna go ahead and move this to the Made in the UK section, since you're actually a business (so as not to confuse people).

No biggy...if you're not sure where to post something, by all means just send me a PM and we'll figure it out between us :)
    I wasn't aware the Made in the UK section was for actively selling items. I'll keep put them up there then :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    Alegree said:

I wasn't aware the Made in the UK section was for actively selling items. I'll keep put them up there then :)
    Classifieds is for selling individual bits, privately. If you're a business, then the idea is that you're selling a bunch of products which you have (or can have) many of, ergo using the Made in the UK section is the place for making people aware of their availability.

Just so you know, if you're making more pickups then the kind of thing that really helps sales here is putting up build logs with photos. We love to see the guts of things, y'see ;)
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Alegree said:

Classifieds is for selling individual bits, privately. If you're a business, then the idea is that you're selling a bunch of products which you have (or can have) many of, ergo using the Made in the UK section is the place for making people aware of their availability.

Just so you know, if you're making more pickups then the kind of thing that really helps sales here is putting up build logs with photos. We love to see the guts of things, y'see ;)
    That's what my other thread in this section is for :)
    tFB Trader
    Bump
    tFB Trader
    Won't be long until I've finished my other stuff going on and will be making anything I fancy in these combinations. If you're after something specific for a discount, you'll need to act fast.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3199
    Pop my name on the uncovered tele set good sir, need another set of cirrostratus in my life. :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28331
    What's the difference with staggered or flat in terms of sound?

I'm after some Tele pickups at the moment, with covered neck.
    edited July 2017 tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    What's the difference with staggered or flat in terms of sound?

I'm after some Tele pickups at the moment, with covered neck.
    Staggered Tele bridge has longer poles in the G and D positions to compensate for vintage neck radii, where the poles would be further away from the strings, relative to the other ones. This increases the volume (or normalises it, depending on how you look at it) of the G and D strings.

Many modern necks have a flatter radius, so vintage stagger caused a hump in the mid range, as the poles were now too close relative to the others. It can be desirable sometimes, however.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28331
    thanks, it's pretty obvious come to think of it! 

So ...flat probably better for 9.5 radius I presume? 
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    thanks, it's pretty obvious come to think of it! 

So ...flat probably better for 9.5 radius I presume? 
    You'd probably be alright with either for my Cirrostratus model, as the mids are not overbearing, regardless of neck radius.
    Flat stagger will get you closer to a traditional Tele scooped sound from it though.