Any Cubase Elements users on here?

I'm using LE at the moment and am thinking about buying a few plugins (EQ, Compression and Reverb). Rather than spending on these, I was wondering what the built-in plugins on Elements are like? I can upgrade quite easily and cheaply, and this may be the best all round option.

Are the built-in plugins that you get with Elements any good at all?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I'm using LE at the moment and am thinking about buying a few plugins (EQ, Compression and Reverb). Rather than spending on these, I was wondering what the built-in plugins on Elements are like? I can upgrade quite easily and cheaply, and this may be the best all round option.

Are the built-in plugins that you get with Elements any good at all?
    Yes - they are the same plugins that ship with Cubase Pro (although Pro has more). The other thing to do is buy a copy of Computer Music magazine. You'll get every type of plugin you'll ever need for free.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1014
    Cheers for that @Fretwired ;-)

I'm presuming I'd need to get that mag every month to take advantage of the sort of offer you speak of?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Cheers for that @Fretwired ;-)

I'm presuming I'd need to get that mag every month to take advantage of the sort of offer you speak of?
    No. Buy once and you get everything.  They generally have a new plug-in every month so if there's one you want buy the mag.

If you like Elements upgrade to Artist further doen the line. A lot more pro plug-ins from Steinberg and Yamaha.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!