Moog model D

What's Hot
I see they have stopped production after 1 year.

I'm not sure with moog if it's a cynical attempt to shift stock or simply trying to not waste money over producing..

Either way it's a shame.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    Demand for an exact reproduction of the historical circuit will be fairly niche. Including a PWM modification option might have helped. Most customers would be better served by a Voyager or Voyager XL.

Not having £3k to burn, I slum it with a Creamware Minimax ASB.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    I am too poor to afford owt except the Behringer model !! 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7152
    Sounded great in the accompanying mike dean vid. I'd love one. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Yeah me too. Bit of a hard thing to justify though. Will probably settle for a copy :(
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6143
    I think they did what they could with the limited market for a £3000 synth; a genuine Moog-made D, with the fewest possible nods to anything modern. Looks the same, sounds the same, full warranty. And there's been enough money sloshing around the economy for quite a few people to buy the new one for about the same money as an old (possibly flakey) one.

Hopefully, they move on to something far more interesting for a flagship.
  • My synth GAS has officially been activated. I tried a Moog Sub 37 yesterday. In love.
    My synth GAS has officially been activated. I tried a Moog Sub 37 yesterday. In love.
    But they just released the Subsiquent 37... which is even better (according to Moog)
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7152
    Now running my Sub 37 through my MF104M. 

Not going to lie, total ear-boner. 
    I see the behringer clone has been dropped in price pre release from 399 usd to 299 usd..

As a first foray into synth land that is going to be hard to turn down if it sounds decent.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    you also have the Roland SE-02 on the way which will be ladder filter heaven and £500
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Now running my Sub 37 through my MF104M. 

Not going to lie, total ear-boner. 
    Gav, Ive no idea what that sounds like ! Any clips ?
  • I see the behringer clone has been dropped in price pre release from 399 usd to 299 usd..

As a first foray into synth land that is going to be hard to turn down if it sounds decent.
    Do you have a source for this price drop, I know Sweetwater had them up for $299 but it was taken down as they'd jumped the gun and a price hadn't been confirmed. 
    There is a great video of the Behringer Model D next to the Moog and my amateur ears cannot tell them apart!

i was looking at the sonicstate site. But yes, looks like a Sweetwater screw up.