Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    monofin said:
    Sounds good to me. What are we doing about a song list, or did I miss that?
    @Alnico will sort that - suggestions welcome tho!
    Ok. Will have a think or take on a suggestion to learn summat
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I'll probably bring the Gretsch and my prs 245. Covers most bases and both newly setup and tip top. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I'll probably bring the Gretsch and my prs 245. Covers most bases and both newly setup and tip top. 
    Noice. 

I might give the legendary 65 Epi Olympic an airing too.. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Reckon on the giving the R8 an airing
    monofin said:
    Reckon on the giving the R8 an airing
    Ah, quality ;)

It will be a good excuse to give your faves a good blasting to clear out the cobwebs ;)
  • To those worrying about amps, there is no need to bring anything unless you specifically want to - it is VERY well equipped. :)

For those asking about recording, it is a pretty heavy extra cost - for the Theatre Room (which I think is the one we'll be booking, but that's up to @Bridgehouse), the Quad website says it's £32 an hour for recording, so unless someone can bring some recording gear along with them, I'd say it's a no-no.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    Actually, I know you mentioned setup etc, but if any of you are technically minded and don't mind, I'm really struggling with channel / fx balancing. If I bring my laptop so I can programme the foot controller, would anyone reckon they could help me sort that out? I haven't really got to grips with what works best etc and I'm getting massive volume differences when I change channel or switch fx 

To those worrying about amps, there is no need to bring anything unless you specifically want to - it is VERY well equipped. :)

For those asking about recording, it is a pretty heavy extra cost - for the Theatre Room (which I think is the one we'll be booking, but that's up to @Bridgehouse), the Quad website says it's £32 an hour for recording, so unless someone can bring some recording gear along with them, I'd say it's a no-no.
    Depends on the recording you want to do ;)

I'm not sure we need a pro studio level recording - but for posterity I record a lot of our gigs on iPhone 7 - it's actually pretty damn good output for vid and sound.. 

The Zoom recorders are brill for live as well. I'd say we will have enough to contend with getting people sorted out and up to speed without worrying about proper recording. 

I'm sure there will be lots going on at any one time as well - setups, amp tryouts, guitar lusting etc.. and a recording session might get in the way of all the fun!
    Actually, I know you mentioned setup etc, but if any of you are technically minded and don't mind, I'm really struggling with channel / fx balancing. If I bring my laptop so I can programme the foot controller, would anyone reckon they could help me sort that out? I haven't really got to grips with what works best etc and I'm getting massive volume differences when I change channel or switch fx 
    Which amp/fx controller is it?
    edited July 2017
    It's the katana100 1x12 with gafc which users boss tone studio to save 4 channels to the fc then allowing you to toggle the individual pedals within certain limitations. Button1 does drive OR modulation, 2 does Delay / Mod, 4 just does reverb but you can choose the type and level etc and 3 is tap tempo. Effectively you can put any boss pedal in your chain using the software, plus I have another drive, fuzz, compressor, delay, chorus and looper on the board. 

I have a volume pedal connected to it at the moment so I can compensate for the differences but it's too technical and too many layers for me to really get my head around.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    It's the katana100 1x12 with gafc which users boss tone studio to save 4 channels to the fc then allowing you to toggle the individual pedals within certain limitations. Button1 does drive OR modulation, 2 does Delay / Mod, 4 just does reverb but you can choose the type and level etc and 3 is tap tempo. Effectively you can put any boss pedal in your chain using the software, plus I have another drive, fuzz, compressor, delay, chorus and looper on the board. 

I have a volume pedal connected to it at the moment so I can compensate for the differences but it's too technical and too many layers for me to really get my head around.
    I've got Boss Katana Tone Studio on my laptop, I just sold the Katana 50.
    I can help you set that up, no problem.

I'm sure we can sort that ;)
    Am I gonna be on general tech and button pressing duty for the Jam then? ;)

Strangely, I wouldn't actually mind...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Am I gonna be on general tech and button pressing duty for the Jam then? ;)

Strangely, I wouldn't actually mind...
    I think there's enough of us who know what we're doing that it won't be all left to one person.
    The PA and any recording will lose me in a heartbeat but the rest I'm pretty much ok with.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    I think I saw 2 Sept as a likely date?

Last time at Quad was good.  I'd be up for it again.
    :)

I've not actually picked up a guitar in this house, but I think I still remember the E shape.  Ish.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Be good to see @alnico and @TheOtherDennis again too, and some of these noobs ....
    TTony said:
    Be good to see @alnico and @TheOtherDennis again too, and some of these noobs ....
    Who you calling a noob?? ;)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547
    I think I could do the 2nd.

might bring the relic Wez Paul and the zombie fanned fret thinline
    I've got a reasonable usb room mic and laptop if you just wanna set it up to record random stuff on reaper. Can bring cds to burn for those that want them or just upload files later

TTony said:
    Who you calling a noob?? ;)
    Just the noobs.

Noob.

:D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom