Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    TTony said:
    Plectrum said:

Exactly. The Trio actually learns the songs you teach it. Nothing like a real bass player at all :)
    Does the Trio buy a round of drinks tho?
    You mean, *you* are going to ???
    Depends on how nice you are to the bass player ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Now we can repeat the whole Trio conversation about the Drummer :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    aord43 said:
    Now we can repeat the whole Trio conversation about the Drummer :)

How do know when there's a Trio at the door?

The knocking maintains the same tempo :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26465
    Plectrum said:
    aord43 said:
    "cheaters guide to getting away with bass" 

Digitech Trio FTW :)
    It's just not the same, man ;)

Exactly. The Trio actually learns the songs you teach it. Nothing like a real bass player at all :)
    Does the Trio buy a round of drinks tho?
    Does a real bass player? Never happened to me.
    <space for hire>
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Knock knock
    The drummer
    Who's there?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Knock knock
    The drummer
    Who's there?
    I bloody love that joke.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2217
    Almost as good as my bass player who got so fed up with me complaining about his timing he threw himself behind a train. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    Remember and get vids (!!) and pics!
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Workshoppers
    Here are loops of the three chord progressions so you can practise the four topics - 
    1) Playing chords on fewer strings, e.g. power chords
    2) Strumming and muting patterns for rhythm guitar
    3) Adapting licks in solos to follow the underlying chord
    4) String-bending

Fretboard Jam 2017 Workshop Prog1 - Am G D D

Fretboard Jam 2017 Workshop Prog2 - C Dm Am F

Fretboard Jam 2017 Workshop Prog3 - C blues
    C7 F7 C7 C7 . F7 F7 C7 C7 . G7 F7 C7 G7
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Err...you seem to have slippers and a bathrobe maybe ?...also...those clips are bit quiet friend?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    Err...you seem to have slippers and a bathrobe maybe ?...also...those clips are bit quiet friend?
    Nowt wrong with playing in slippers and a bathrobe. I'm tempted to turn up to the Jam like that - sort of Arthur Dent style (with my Bass towel).

PS - NO Vogon poetry at the Jam.. ok?
    spark240 said:
    Nowt wrong with playing in slippers and a bathrobe. I'm tempted to turn up to the Jam like that - sort of Arthur Dent style (with my Bass towel).

Not even that classic "Ode to a small piece of green putty I found in my naval one day"? 

spark240 said:

Not even that classic "Ode to a small piece of green putty I found in my naval one day"? 
    I know the Jam is now 7 hours, but we don't have enough time for such great works as that...!
    Maybe we can cover that over a small Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster after the jam?

• Room for one more?
    Room for one more?
    We're limited on numbers and this was fully booked up a few weeks ago however there is a reserve list for people to join in case those who booked can't make it.
    There are 8 people on the reserve list so far.
    You can find the list on page 1 of the Logistics thread,......HERE.

Would you like me to add your name to the reserve list in case any places become available?
  • Alnico said:
    Room for one more?
    We're limited on numbers and this was fully booked up a few weeks ago however there is a reserve list for people to join in case those who booked can't make it.

Would you like me to add your name to the reserve list in case any places become available?
    Yes please.
    Alnico said:
    Room for one more?

Yes please.
    Done.
    I'll let people know as and when (and IF) people drop out and the reserve list moves up.
    Anyone on the reserve list will automatically be offered a place at the next Jam session before we let the screaming rabble loose on booking places.

We're sorry we have to limit the numbers but the studio we're using are being very good to us and we agreed on a limit with them based on the size of the rooms, the overall size of the building and the fact that there may be other bands and customers there that day and we don't want to take the whole place over. Most of the time, each room never sees more than about 6 people at a time so for us to bring 30 people, all bringing their own equipment and using 2 rooms is already a lot to ask of them.
    Also, it's enough work for us already to manage the needs of 30 people and only one afternoon to do it all in.

Hope that makes sense to those who might not be able to attend this time. We will do our best to make sure you get a chance to go to the next Jam Session which is rumoured to be happening later in the year........TBC.

:)
  • Alnico said:
    Alnico said:
    Room for one more?

Yes please.
    Done.
    I'll let people know as and when (and IF) people drop out and the reserve list moves up.
    Anyone on the reserve list will automatically be offered a place at the next Jam session before we let the screaming rabble loose on booking places.

We're sorry we have to limit the numbers but the studio we're using are being very good to us and we agreed on a limit with them based on the size of the rooms, the overall size of the building and the fact that there may be other bands and customers there that day and we don't want to take the whole place over. Most of the time, each room never sees more than about 6 people at a time so for us to bring 30 people, all bringing their own equipment and using 2 rooms is already a lot to ask of them.
    Also, it's enough work for us already to manage the needs of 30 people and only one afternoon to do it all in.

Hope that makes sense to those who might not be able to attend this time. We will do our best to make sure you get a chance to go to the next Jam Session which is rumoured to be happening later in the year........TBC.

:)
    Understood. Thanks . 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547

I am going to have to drop out - feel free to offer my place to the next on the list.   Family stuff has thrown itself in my way  ;(