Acoustic - recommendation required

What's Hot
ElwoodElwood Frets: 452
Hey folks, 

I'm looking to try an electric - I,m looking for something with good playability, reasonably common and with decent fret size. I'm looking to buy a popular mode, second hand, so if I shift it on it'll sell relatively easily and with minimal loss.

I've been thinking of somethink like a Taylor GS Mini or even up to 414. I'm not bothered about electronics and am open to suggestions.

What would you go for?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The GS Mini is excellent (and rightly ubiquitous- I noticed last year that probably 80% of the 50000000 buskers who invaded Edinburgh for the festival were carrying a GS Mini). 

I LOVE my wee Faith Naked Mercury too. They come in different sizes should you want something bigger. The only issue is that they don't get sold on that often. 

Maybe keep an eye out for a Sigma- they're essentially great Martin clones, but cheap so you shouldn't take a bath if you sell it on. 
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 452
    How have you found the fret sizing on your Faith? My Google fu suggests they are mediums.

• Elwood said:
    How have you found the fret sizing on your Faith? My Google fu suggests they are mediums.

I like them. I'd say medium is a fair assessment, but they're Perfectly finished so the guitar is easy to play. What I love most is the ultra thin finish- the whole guitar feels alive when you play it as it all starts to resonate. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Elwood said:

I like them. I'd say medium is a fair assessment, but they're Perfectly finished so the guitar is easy to play. What I love most is the ultra thin finish- the whole guitar feels alive when you play it as it all starts to resonate. 
    Very useful. Thanks.

Do you think a GS is the way to go or stick with with something full size
  • I don't know anyone with the GS who regrets buying it. And as I said, can THAT many buskers be wrong? 

Had I not stumbled across the Faith on Preloved I'm sure I'd own the Taylor. 
    I do like the look of the Faith. 

Some deals to be had. Looks like I missed out on one a week or so ago on eBay. Will keep an eye out.
    That's for the help folks. Looks like a Faith is for me. Just got to find the right on now!
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    I'll give thumbs up to Faith also.Seem to be very good value on the S/H market.