Fretboard Jam 2017 - Song List Thread - Running Order V4

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    mrkb said:
    Cheers, It looks like there's enough for two Hand to Handle versions - not sure if someone has bagsy'd the other solo slot? Other wise I'd be happy for you to take the outro Solo - im not quite up to speed on that one yet.
    I'll learn the whole song and play whatever people want me to play on the day.
    Lots or a little, I'm just happy to be there.

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Today's updates;
    • Cut Cynical per @digitalscream & @Alnico discussion/decision
    • Corrections as noted by @mrkb ;;
    • Added updates from Strumjoughlamps and Flink_Poyd
    • For clarity on the guitar parts; r=rhythm and g=lead/solos or undefined (ie some people have just said that they want to play guitar on a track without differentiating whether rhythm or lead).
      I'm not going to try to distinguish between who's playing solo1, solo2 or lead parts in the chorus (etc), that'll just have to be sorted before or during the song.  If 2+ people want a solo slot, just repeat the solo section of the song.
    re Midnight Hour ... I guess I could try the bass part if it means the song gets played, if I can borrow a bass from someone?  (it's only 4 strings, so it can't be difficult, right??)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @TTony ;

Thanks again for your help with this aspect.
    I am no good at all this and it REALLY helps us make sense of this part of the event.

Very grateful for that.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    TTony said:

re Midnight Hour ... I guess I could try the bass part if it means the song gets played, if I can borrow a bass from someone?  (it's only 4 strings, so it can't be difficult, right??)

You can borrow one of mine ;)

Do you want cheap, midrange or really posh? ;)
    @TTony ;
    That bass line isn't difficult. 
    It's a technique with timing to start each little riff that makes up the bass line, that's all.
    I've played bass on that song quite a few times and once you lock the timing of it into your mind it swings along easily.

If you need me to I can record something on one of my guitars and send it to you.

I'm sure @Bridgehouse could too and do a better job of it.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    @bridgehouse @TTony ;

I dont mind dropping out of Midnight Hour, there's no solo, Bigjon is EXP so I'm happy to let a beginner have a bash. 

So anyone wants a go at bashing out some chords with Bigjon to hide the mistakes, please be my guest. 
    TTony said:

Do you have midrange or really posh @Bridgehouse ??
    ;)

Definitely *NOT* really posh.  I've actually been thinking about getting a bass to mess about on, so this might help me make that decision ...
    TTony said:
    TTony said:

Do you have midrange or really posh @Bridgehouse ??
    ;)

Definitely *NOT* really posh.  I've actually been thinking about getting a bass to mess about on, so this might help me make that decision ...
    Try the MiM precision then - as they are about 400 used and really good quality - will give you a good idea of how that sort of price point feels. 

Your other choice is a home build/finish - I'll have the GSPBASSES build with me which you can try too - all up cost finished about 500 or so ;)
    I dont mind giving basic lessons on the day. Also anyone can try my upright if they are brave enough and ask first. 
    slacker said:
    I dont mind giving basic lessons on the day. Also anyone can try my upright if they are brave enough and ask first. 
    You can teach me how to play bass then...
    Your other choice is a home build/finish - I'll have the GSPBASSES build with me which you can try too - all up cost finished about 500 or so ;)
    I've got "a few" of Graham's, though (a) none of them are basses and (b) that's a whole different thread!

MiM Precision sounds absolutely fine to me.
    slacker said:
    Not a problem. 

Sort of leading into why I want to come to this session, my lead guitar playing is poor. I need someone to point me in the right direction. Also if I am lacking in confidence, someone can confirm that with a get over yourself type comment. 

So back to your bass playing, I can show you some stuff or confirm that you are a good player. 

I'm no bass pro but I did play in a number of bands from 1980 to 2004 and 2008 to 2015 and dabble on double (not teaching this btw). 

slacker said:
    slacker said:
    Not a problem. 

Sort of leading into why I want to come to this session, my lead guitar playing is poor. I need someone to point me in the right direction. Also if I am lacking in confidence, someone can confirm that with a get over yourself type comment. 

So back to your bass playing, I can show you some stuff or confirm that you are a good player. 

I'm no bass pro but I did play in a number of bands from 1980 to 2004 and 2008 to 2015 and dabble on double (not teaching this btw). 

Well if I'm no good then the two bands I'm currently in have a shock coming.....!
    Well you dont need lessons from me. 
    TTony said:
    Having just spent 10mins with some cheater-tab, I can confirm ...
    Alnico 
    That bass line isn't difficult. 
     ... so I'll happily do it.  

Just have to keep count of the number of repetitions of each phrase
    slacker said:
    My original reply was self deprecating.. those who know me will confirm that I don't do bigging myself up in any way shape or form..

;)
    slacker said:
    My original reply was self deprecating.. those who know me will confirm that I don't do bigging myself up in any way shape or form..

;)
    You're a bassist now, loud and proud and slide out of mistakes. 
    slacker said:
    slacker said:

;)
    Nearly all my playing is slide.... :D
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    slacker said:
    slacker said:

;)
    Nearly all my playing is slide.... :D
    Slide into obscurity?  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom