Fretboard Jam 2017 - Song List Thread - Running Order V4

What's Hot

Comments

• VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Alnico said:
    As I said on PM, If you can spare the time to pop over to my place, I'd be very happy to show you through anything you feel you want to play.
    I'm free most of the time so just let me know.

If anyone else who's going to the Jam has the same feelings and would like to brush up on technique or the songs themselves and you can get to Bedford, let me know.
    My place is noise friendly, there's an amp here, sometimes two and there's usually 4 or 5 guitars so you can just turn up or bring your own guitar,......whatever you want.
    I'm happy to help anyone that needs it for this event.
    Hi, I might take you up on that.  I'm not that close to Bedford but would be willing to come over and treat it as a precursor to the main event.  Probably to focus on one song which at the moment looks like being Learning to Fly as I have some of that down already.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Vinylfan said:
    Alnico said:
    As I said on PM, If you can spare the time to pop over to my place, I'd be very happy to show you through anything you feel you want to play.
    I'm free most of the time so just let me know.

If anyone else who's going to the Jam has the same feelings and would like to brush up on technique or the songs themselves and you can get to Bedford, let me know.
    My place is noise friendly, there's an amp here, sometimes two and there's usually 4 or 5 guitars so you can just turn up or bring your own guitar,......whatever you want.
    I'm happy to help anyone that needs it for this event.
    Hi, I might take you up on that.  I'm not that close to Bedford but would be willing to come over and treat it as a precursor to the main event.  Probably to focus on one song which at the moment looks like being Learning to Fly as I have some of that down already.
    I'll PM you my number, No problem.
    :)
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    I'm not sure where I am experience wise. I am a home player, a few years in, and I tend not to learn whole songs but pick up some rhythm and some lead from stuff that takes my fancy and then mix them up a bit!

I would like to join in on:

Sunshine of your love
    Fortunate son
    Hard to handle

but quite fancy some catching and a go at Foxy Lady

I am also keen to find out just how much of a jelly I can turn become!!

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    edited July 2017

Alnico said:

Tips and tricks for getting past those feelings are what this is all about and the best way past it is to warm the fuck up first and get the fuck on with it but we'll show you as we go.

Thanks, "get the f*ck on with it" is good advice for anything one has to do methinks, will apprecaite the support on the day, to be honest just looking forward to being in a room with 29 other guitar fans.  Thats about 29 more than I've been in a room with for a very long time!

Any help we can have from enthusiastic singers is welcome.

You haven't heard me sing yet!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    So....... What's left that no-one wants?
    monofin said:
    So....... What's left that no-one wants?
    Jase,

That's the opposite of what it is mate.

YOU pick what YOU want to do, it doesn't matter if someone is already doing it.
    YOUR version will be yours and you will inevitably do it differently.
    We will put you with a different bunch of people on stage to the last lot who did that particular song and you'll have a different experience.

Actually Jase I'm really glad you've said this because it's highlighted an important point perfectly.

What songs were you interested in pal?
    We'll help you all you need, no problem.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I shall be doing For the Love of God on accordion, kazoo, knee cymbals and spoons.

Probably outside.

Please throw change.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    ennspek said:
    I shall be doing For the Love of God on accordion, kazoo, knee cymbals and spoons.

Probably outside.

Please throw change.
    I can feel the talent from here ;)
    ennspek said:

Probably outside.

Please throw change.
    I can feel the talent from here ;)
    I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS !!!!

Alnico said:

Tips and tricks for getting past those feelings are what this is all about and the best way past it is to warm the fuck up first and get the fuck on with it but we'll show you as we go.

Thanks, "get the f*ck on with it" is good advice for anything one has to do methinks, will apprecaite the support on the day, to be honest just looking forward to being in a room with 29 other guitar fans.  Thats about 29 more than I've been in a room with for a very long time!

Any help we can have from enthusiastic singers is welcome.

You haven't heard me sing yet!
    I should point out that my comment above is meant in the most positive way and with full support from us.
    Please take that comment in context, especially beginners. It's said like that for a reason.......That reason being there comes a point where you do simply need to just get on with things and hit the strings.

You all will have as much support as it's possible to give.
    You have our word on that.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    @alnico anyone volunteered to trade licks on roadhouse blues with you yet?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    @bridgehouse - I've just copied the song list into the 2nd post of the thread to make it easier for all to find.

If that's not helpful, feel free to delete it!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    monofin said:
    @alnico anyone volunteered to trade licks on roadhouse blues with you yet?
    Well...........@fandango suggested he would do that song BUT he's also going to do some Tom Petty and I've asked @not_the_dj to support him with that, so...........if Colin ( @not_the_dj ; ) would also take *That* cover of RH BLues, then you and I could do another rendition and THAT is the point I was making earlier that it's perfectly ok for us to do this.

See what I mean?

So yeah sure, I'll be more than happy to jump up and do that.
    I've got my own way of playing that song and I sing and play the guitar to it myself anyway, one kind of goes hand in hand with the other on that track for me, it's how I've always performed it so your guitar part would be *just* guitar and you can relax and concentrate on that, also behind my guitar which is mainly the rhythm guitar.............in fact that's exactly what my part is.
    The lead is VERY simple for that song and I can skype you to show you that sometime soon?

How does that sound and to everyone else reading, does the theory of more than one rendition make more sense now?

To this end we *might* end up with some songs off the list NOT being played and that's something that will present itself as we go through the next 6 weeks.

How does that sound to you Jase and to everyone else reading this?
    TTony said:
    @bridgehouse - I've just copied the song list into the 2nd post of the thread to make it easier for all to find.

If that's not helpful, feel free to delete it!
    That is very helpful, Thanks Tony.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    BTW - thanks all for soundtracking my afternoon at work, I'm adding these all to my Spotify playlist as they get added so that anyone can listen to them

Edit: Well anyone with Spotify ;)
    @darthed1981  could you add a link to the playlist here (for the final list)?  It'd save me creating one!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    How things move on ... and after reading the latest thread posts, I have no problem with placing Running Down the Dream as my main effort to learn, but I will also try learning Roadhouse Blues, as my affinity for the song goes back to Status Quo's version, plus it's jam heaven with all the trimmings.

What that means is I'll put most effort into learning Running Down, then Roadhouse. Just try to stop me!  ;)

Someone else is more than welcome to grab Pretty Vacant and Call Me the Breeze, because I have to draw the line somewhere. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    @Alnico I'm more than happy to play Roadhouse with whoever, but if anyone else on the list wants to take that then I don't have an issue.

I can play on as much or as little as needed, (just as long as "running down a dream" and backing you on "comfortably numb" is written in stone!) 
    fandango said:
    How things move on ... and after reading the latest thread posts, I have no problem with placing Running Down the Dream as my main effort to learn, but I will also try learning Roadhouse Blues, as my affinity for the song goes back to Status Quo's version, plus it's jam heaven with all the trimmings.

What that means is I'll put most effort into learning Running Down, then Roadhouse. Just try to stop me!  ;)

Someone else is more than welcome to grab Pretty Vacant and Call Me the Breeze, because I have to draw the line somewhere. 
    Thanks @fandango and In this case,......... @monofin ...........would you like to do Pretty Vacant with me?
    If so, look up the Joan Jett Version.
    I can email it to you if you like so we learn the same cover version.

What do you think?
    Again, I'll sing it for you no problem.

We can also still do our own version of RH Blues but this gives YOU, 2 songs to focus on which is the ideal number and ideal amount of mental work for anyone new to this to take on.
    @Alnico I'm more than happy to play Roadhouse with whoever, but if anyone else on the list wants to take that then I don't have an issue.

I can play on as much or as little as needed, (just as long as "running down a dream" and backing you on "comfortably numb" is written in stone!) 
    Brilliant, Thanks Col.

I'll contact you directly to go through what we'll do and how we approach 'Comfy',...... probably next week.

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited July 2017

@not_the_dj  Just PM'd you.

Happy to meet up before the day to run through stuff. Your neck of the woods isn't too far away from/for me.