SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: 1976 Mossman Great Plains Custom Dreadnought

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2467
edited August 2017 in Acoustics £
Hi everyone. I'm selling my all original 1976 Mossman Great Plains Custom which happens to be one of the best acoustics I've ever played or heard. The only guitar which has rivalled it is my newly acquired 67 braz martin D-28 and as they're both so similar one has to go. 

Stuart Mossman is considered by many to be the world’s first boutique guitar builder. During a relatively short period that began in the late 1960s and ended in 1984, he and a group of devoted artisans built high-quality acoustic guitars in Winfield, Kansas. Although exact numbers are hard to come by, it’s probably safe to say that the small Mossman shop produced only about 6,000 instruments during that time, which helps to explain why they are relatively rare and highly desirable in the used market.

Similar to a Martin D-35, this Great Plains combines a beautiful three-piece Rosewood back with a Sitka Spruce top. Google suggests the custom model has braz back and sides so assume that's the case with this guitar.

i'm in Ascot, Berkshire and highly recommend you come and try it out. £1500. Vintage Epiphone hard case included.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Bump for a very cool guitar, would love to hear how it sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2467
    Bump for a very cool guitar, would love to hear how it sounds.
    Thanks, I might do a video as it deserves to be heard, it really is an excellent dread.
    PS I forgot to mention in the ad that it has a K&K pure mini pickup installed.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    pm sent 
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    Pm'd
    Had a lot of interest but I just shot a video for this thread and fell in love all over again! Keeping it for a while longer...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Back up for sale!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Wow what a guitar, do I put my 62 guild f20 up to fund this.... 
    Wow what a guitar, do I put my 62 guild f20 up to fund this.... 
    honestly, do it, this is a killer dreadnought. If you're local come and try it. It has seen off a 1951 J-50 and a 72 D-28 amongst others. It sounds very similar to my 1967 Martin D-28. 
    Bump
    Still here and still brilliant 
    How about £1350? Come and try it and you'll realise it's a bargain. Truly up there with Santa Cruz, Lowden, Collings etc, all solid woods, lightly built, thin nitro finish, loud, thuddy, clear top end... 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4195
    edited August 2017
    Don't know if you're interested in any trades at all but I've got a J45 True Vintage I'd think about trading for the right bluegrass/flatpicking cannon....I'm up the road in Wokingham
    Lewy said:
    Don't know if you're interested in any trades at all but I've got a J45 True Vintage I'd think about trading for the right bluegrass/flatpicking cannon....I'm up the road in Wokingham
    Pm'd