single ended Blackstars!

What's Hot
ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1626
edited July 2017 in Amps

Now, y'all know as much as I do! I would have put money on Bs' never making an SE amp but there you go.

That link did not paste in the way it should/does on other forums??

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    That just takes me to a Yahoo Mail login page
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1626
    That just takes me to a Yahoo Mail login page

Yus, just see'd that. Boggled.

Dave.

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    edited July 2017
    It's on their website aswell. You get a choice between an EL34, a 6L6 or a KT88 and they come with a built in boost and drive pedal. 

https://www.blackstaramps.com/uk/ranges/10th-anniversary
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    Look good,wonder how theyre priced ?
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    matone said:
    at £499 each: https://www.andertons.co.uk/search?query=Blackstar 10th
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26560
    Gah...surely they could have given us a 20W KT88 model, which would therefore be giggable?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    Top-mounted controls and 70/80 speakers… still not for me, sorry!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Gah...surely they could have given us a 20W KT88 model, which would therefore be giggable?

Well, peeps do gig the HT-5!

Dave.

• TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    I wonder if enough prospective buyers who were  put off by the crap 70/80 spkr mailed Lee and said fit it with a greenback, would he do it. The artisan amp looks nice but the stock speaker is a bag of shit for sure.
  • Shit speaker totally lets it down especially as they went one better and put a fx loop in all of them including the Artisan which is a bonus

should have pumped it up to £550 and put a good speaker in there
    To be fair for £550 total you could sell the stock speaker and fit a better one
    To be fair for £550 total you could sell the stock speaker and fit a better one
    I took the ht20 stock speaker, the atrocious rocket 50, and I swear to you I couldn't give it away. I improved the ht20 by 100% when I fitted it with a greenback and threw the rocket 50 in a skip.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    The only reason I've kept Rocket 50s is to replace blown speakers in old solid-state amps that aren't worth enough to put anything else in. 70/80s aren't too far behind.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nobody would buy a 70/80. Only good for the landfill 

Just seems a shame to have the ball ache of buying a new speaker and then messing about with the amp to fit it which would probably void your warranty as these companies have got that in the small print 

They could have had this bang on from the start. It's like buying a BMW and fitting remold tyres. Yeah it's only a £500 amp but that's put me off already 
    Nobody would buy a 70/80. Only good for the landfill 

Just seems a shame to have the ball ache of buying a new speaker and then messing about with the amp to fit it which would probably void your warranty as these companies have got that in the small print 

They could have had this bang on from the start. It's like buying a BMW and fitting remold tyres. Yeah it's only a £500 amp but that's put me off already 
    I think black Star warranty violation statements are a total joke.
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    Arktik83 said:
    matone said:
    at £499 each: https://www.andertons.co.uk/search?query=Blackstar 10th
    I`m out ! 
    (& that was before I saw the crap speaker info !)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    It's £100 more than the HT5, I think that is reasonable to be honest. 10w isn't enough for me though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

If the 70/80 IS really as bad as some state here and that view is held in other forums (without the coat tail effect) I shall be very surprised that Blackstar fitted it in such a 'prestigious' product?

The Rocket 50 is known to be poor and I have read unsolicited comments to that effect from players over The Pond but that is fitted in a budget 20W amp .

On the warranty front. I am sure there are many here who could change a speaker and then re fit the original with such care that nobody could tell! If the amp went back under warranty they MIGHT  be suspicions but, short of evidence, buggered bolt heads say, it would be very hard to prove.  You are allowed to change valves FCS and that often requires you to open up the amp. Fit the WRONG valve however and you are busted!

These tight-arsed clauses are put in warranties to guard against GROSS tampering. No tech wants to try to sort some one elses cockup! An example is the very draconian view about speaker loading. We all know a 4 R speaker on an 8R tap is very unlikely to cause harm, even toher way around (and B's amps are tougher than most ) but you HAVE to say it to protect yourself from loonies!

Dave.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Well despite all the naysayers above, I'm interested. I happen to have a 'spare' G12-H30 kicking around so I'm good to go.  

I wish there was a head option - maybe aimed at the studio brigade.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;)