SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRICE DROP JV Strat - 1982, Nitro Refin - Burgundy Mist

What's Hot
scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
edited July 2017 in Guitars £
1982 fender Squire JV. refinished in Nitro Burgundy Mist. Maple board. As the guitar is 35 years old now, the refin has been lightly aged and has some great lacquer checking and some wear on the back which shows also silver/blue in places. Very cool. Set up with new 10-46 Ernie Balls and a blocked trem. Comes with HSC.

Hopefully you can see the lacquer checking in the one below

Looking for 575pounds. Located SW London if you want to have a look. Shipping is no prob - I can pack it up well in a guitar box, probably abut 20 quid ish to send in UK. 
cheers
Will
2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Lovely. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    bump
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2407
    I have to admit, that's rather nice. GLWTS  :)
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Nice.
    Thanks for all the kind comments chaps.
     The pickups are neck and middle original as far as i can tell, bridge is a replacement seymour duncan. It has an original green cap. Currently a five way switch but original DC-30 comes with.
    Also, which I really should have mentioned (apologies) the bridge has been routed for a humbucker.
    cheers
    Will
    Hi
    Thought some pics of the electronics might not go amiss here. Also to say am open to offers -will not be offended!
    Original JV pots and the Seymour Duncan in the bridge, original black bottom p/us in neck and middle

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2407
    edited July 2017
    Burgundy Mist...sounds like an enigmatic beauty that you find in your dreams, calling your name in her honeyed tone,"you know want me", she says, "and as it happens, I want you." Her tease arouses you, and as you reach for an imaginary whip (because you're into that sort of that stuff) you wake startled and disappointed. Burgundy Mist wasn't the enigmatic beauty you dreamed of, but instead a horse you backed. And it lost. To make yourself feel better you go and lust after a Squier JV you've got your eye on, and to your surprise, something you didn't notice before, the colour... it's only f*@king Burgundy Mist! Dreams, reality, horses, guitars... it's all a blur. What the f@*k is going on?!...

And back in the room. Someone buy this. I don't particularly like maple 'boards and yet, as you've probably gathered, I find it incredibly alluring.

Burgundy. Mist. Absolute sex talk.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    lovely :)
    Thanks chaps. Especially for the err..s&m sex dream analogy..:)
    Anyway, am dropping the price down to 500 on this sexy beast.
    bump
  • MototechMototech Frets: 102
    What is the condition of the frets?
    edited August 2017
    @Mototech Thanks for the question, there is a lot of fretlife left, definitely not a candidate for a refret. There is some string wear to some frets which I've tried to capture in these pics:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • catdogcatdog Frets: 124
    what's the fret board radius on this ?
    Hi there. I dont have a radius gauge but am very sure from comparing with other strats that its a 9.5. Its definitely not the vintage 7.25 and does not feel as flat as a modern 12".
    The neck is a very comfortable C shape. Not skinny by any means but not a baseball bat (e.g.early jeff beck strat) either. I can take any measurements you'd like (other than radius) just let me know
    Best
    Will

Hi. To follow up The neck widths are 1st fret=  42.25mm and 12th fret =51.65mm according to my calipers. Neck profile is a deeper C shape. I think fender sometime refer to it as "oval". cheers. Will
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Could you measure from the fretboard to the back of the neck at the 1st and 12th frets to give an idea of the depth?
    Cheers!
    Hi, thanks for the question, sure:
    neck depths are:
    1st = 20.80 mm
    12th = 22.70mm
    cheers
    Will
    Bit slim for me, but thanks anyway. Shame, as I am only round the corner (work in SW15)
    Its very odd, as I looked up some comparables and it doesnt feel anywhere near as slim as the guitars mentioned. Maybe I bggered up my measuring!!!
    You'd be very welcome to pop over anyway to take a look and have a cup of tea- no obligation!!!:)
    cheers
    Will
    Cheers Will!