Arpeggio's and Alternate Picking

What's Hot
In this video, I show a great lick that you can throw around, based on the major scale.

What ideas do you have to improve arpeggios and alternate picking?

Subscribe to my channel for more videos!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    edited July 2017
    What ideas do you have to improve arpeggios and alternate picking?

Not using an apostrophe to form the plural.

Might I hazard a guess at what you did for a living before becoming a session guitarist?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eIARuH0-x4Y/SfnHeTdnxcI/AAAAAAAAAug/xIMpbCfRcIo/s400/rosaquith09-greengrocer's-a.jpg

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    For alternate I just learn songs with fast picking lines in them, like Gary Moore's solo on Out In The Fields - 16ths at around 170bpm iirc. 135bpm, with the help of legato, is my limit at the minute.  

For me, there's nothing more mind numbing than running through alternate picked scale patterns - I'd rather learn them in the context of a song.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Jus sit down with any Al DiMeola tab, you'll soon get it ;)
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 615
    Iv just been using jazz standards out of the real book to improve my arps ...they do help alternate picking..iv just incorporated it into my practise
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    The riff to Strikes Twice by Larry Carlton (or Jaguar by Johnny Smith) is a good exercise that combines alternate picking scalar lines with an arpeggio. I use it to practice mixing together alternate picking with sweep picking.
    It's not a competition.