FTT Flightime 2

What's Hot
hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
The tap tempo function that picks up the playing speed and adjusts strikes me as a pretty cool idea. Has this been done before?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Yes. On the flight time 1. Worked well.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3466
    edited July 2017
    Jesus, they haven't got a clue. They never listen to users, for a long time we've been asking for stereo. Disappointed in their attitude towards their customers, to be honest.

EDIT: Rant aside, the FT is a phenomenal sounding unit.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Our old drummer used to do it without a pedal.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• mattdavismattdavis Frets: 840
    I'm still struggling to find a nice digital delay that is essentially a boss Dd3 with modulation and a numerical delay time readout. The other boss delays, sdd 3000 and timeline have never quite cut it. Maybe this is the one?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    mattdavis said:
    I'm still struggling to find a nice digital delay that is essentially a boss Dd3 with modulation and a numerical delay time readout. The other boss delays, sdd 3000 and timeline have never quite cut it. Maybe this is the one?
    Mods not exceptional on these but the rest is.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    mattdavis said:

can i just have your TC 2290 and be done with it?
    Gassage said:
    mattdavis said:

I thought the mod was the best bit. Really enjoyed it. 
    Gassage said:
    mattdavis said:

I thought the mod was the best bit. Really enjoyed it. 
    Hmmmm. Maybe needs a look at in absence of any used FX8s at the mo 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Blimey you guys must have better ears than me cos I can't tell the difference between these high end/boutique type delay pedals. I just plug em I n and play. Timeline has been my go to delay for the past 2-3years now 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    The FlightTime is one of the most 3D sounding Ive owned... clean, lush tones...

The user interface, however, and accessing the presets on the MK1 was a right faff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Blimey you guys must have better ears than me cos I can't tell the difference between these high end/boutique type delay pedals. I just plug em I n and play. Timeline has been my go to delay for the past 2-3years now 
    Yep, this is a different level. Totally!

The digital algo on the TL won't even get close to the FT. Sorry.

• jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 141
    Blimey you guys must have better ears than me cos I can't tell the difference between these high end/boutique type delay pedals. I just plug em I n and play. Timeline has been my go to delay for the past 2-3years now 

I've yet to see a Flight Time on a pro session board, the TimeLine is the industry standard for a reason. Am sure the Flight Time is a fantastic piece of kit, but having 99 Presets with no way of labeling patches and then needing an external switch to scroll between them isn't a lot of use on your typical pop or pro gig. Pedals like the Flight Time seem more aimed at the hobbyist market.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

I wish I could tell the difference then from the demos I've heard :(

I've yet to see a Flight Time on a pro session board, the TimeLine is the industry standard for a reason. Am sure the Flight Time is a fantastic piece of kit, but having 99 Presets with no way of labeling patches and then needing an external switch to scroll between them isn't a lot of use on your typical pop or pro gig. Pedals like the Flight Time seem more aimed at the hobbyist market.
    I didn't know that. That would be a deal breaker for me if I were ever looking to change my delay pedal 

I wish I could tell the difference then from the demos I've heard :(
    Can't comment on the difference as I haven't tried the TL, but youtube is a great leveler - difference is always more apparent in the flesh. That said, I got the Boss DD500 to sound exactly like the FT in my room :)
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    mattdavis said:
    No Mod but the Providence Chrono tap tempo is excellent and the readout very clear. Also it can store two different times and let you toggle between them.
    Cabicular said:
    mattdavis said:
    No Mod but the Providence Chrono tap tempo is excellent and the readout very clear. Also it can store two different times and let you toggle between them.
    I've pondered over the Providence - just seems quite a lot of money if there is no modulation - I'd probably just stick with two DD3s in preference to the Chrono and put a fence around the pedals so no one could change the delay times :-)
    Maybe I should try the Chrono..
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16255

Matt Schofield used one ( quick Google seems to confirm this), although just uses two simple delay pedals now. As he doesn't use tap tempo and only uses a couple of delay times ( based on his appearance on TPS) it was, presumably, a bit OTT for his needs. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited July 2017

Yeah, you're probably right.
    Gilmour.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    @jamesguitar ;
     And, just because it's "industry standard", which I agree it is...everyone's got a TL, does that mean it sounds the best?