Drum loops for EZ Drummer 2

What's Hot
I have had Ez drummer 2 for a while now, and although i am finding the drum loops and fills to be great sounding. They are somewhat limited.

Are there any loop libraries out there with fills etc..., that i can drop into EZD2 and use with the song creator and tap-2-find.

I have bought the 'Big rock drums' kit expansion, which is great sounding, but the EZD midi expansion packs seem quite expensive for what they contain.

Any help appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    Groove Monkee are pretty good for Rock Stuff, they have sales quite regularly as well. I have the Combo 2 Heavy MIDI pack and Rock Essentials 1 & 2. 

https://groovemonkee.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited July 2017
    IMC1980 said:
    Groove Monkee are pretty good for Rock Stuff, they have sales quite regularly as well. I have the Combo 2 Heavy MIDI pack and Rock Essentials 1 & 2. 

https://groovemonkee.com

Another +1 for groovemonkee. I've got the megapack.
    I often start with a groove but then manually tweak things a bit.

I mainly use them with Addictive Drums, Steven Slate Drums, NI drums and Superior Drummer but I expect they'll work just as well with EZ2.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the link. I'll have a look into the  groove monkey stuff tomorrow.

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3127
    stratman3142 said:

I mainly use them with Addictive Drums, Steven Slate Drums, NI drums and Superior Drummer but I expect they'll work just as well with EZ2.
    I was looking to solve my drumtrack problems...it gets in the way of recording guitar!

Let me get this straight...generally:
    Addictive (and the like) plugs-in to your DAW as a virtual instrument and gives you sets of great samples and maybe an interface...and maybe some MIDI patterns?
    A GrooveMonkee pack can be added to your DAW to provide realistic MIDI patterns to drive the drum kit samples?

Am I on the right lines?

I was leaning towards SSD...what product do you use?
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    stratman3142 said:

I was looking to solve my drumtrack problems...it gets in the way of recording guitar!

Addictive (and the like) plugs-in to your DAW as a virtual instrument and gives you sets of great samples and maybe an interface...and maybe some MIDI patterns?
    A GrooveMonkee pack can be added to your DAW to provide realistic MIDI patterns to drive the drum kit samples?

Am I on the right lines?

Each has it's own interface and I use them as a VSTi with a DAW (in my case Reaper).

Addictive Drums will also run stand alone. NI drums (Studio drummer etc) will also run standalone within Kontakt 5.

Each of the drums VSTis have their own loops. These can be supplemented by Groovemonkee drums loops, which are in a range of formats to suit the various drum VSTis. These will run in the standalone versions and also can be loaded within the VSTi plugin within your DAW.

After installation (which in some cases has to be done manually, but it's quite easy and the instructions are clear) the Groovemonkey loops appear within the drum VSTi interface which helps with finding the required groove. These loops can be dragged into a DAW as midi files and edited if you want to.

I tend to use Addictive Drums the most because they're highly tweakable and I like the interface, but SSD is very good to get up and running quickly with good classic drum sounds.

It's not a competition.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    stratman3142 said:

Am I on the right lines?

I use BFD3 90% of the time, I have Addictive Drums 2 and Session Drummer 3. Addictive Drums are good in certain instances - I used a kit on an acoustic cover a while back it it was a perfect fit for the song - Session Drummer 3 has 808 and 909 kits so it is good for other genres, but in my opinion BFD3 is up there with the best. 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3127
    Thanks for the info chaps...I did go with SSD4 in the end.
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    EZ drummer 2 is great but I agree the Midi packs don't always seem to be great value for money at full price. It's best to keep an eye out for offers and get them then. I have also used groove monkey stuff and found them to be good.
    Don't touch that dial.