SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Epi Bonamassa Firebird

What's Hot
So, these have been out long enough now for someone to have gotten bored and ready to move onto the next thing, right? Anyone want to move one on?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    So, these have been out long enough now for someone to have gotten bored and ready to move onto the next thing, right? Anyone want to move one on?
    I thought I wanted one until I actually tried one.....................
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3312
    rlw said:
    I thought I wanted one until I actually tried one.....................
    What was wrong? The ones Ive tried were fantastic. Im curretly also looking for a used one but at £580 new, they are great valve for a proper built FB...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    It didn't sound that good really, very limited, and was very oddly balanced on a strap.
    i was really disappointed but maybe I'm just not a Firebird person as I didn't like a CS either.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Tokai ones sometimes come up for less than a new Epi JB one.
  • I really liked the one that I've played! Hope you manage to get one!
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited July 2017
    What constitutes a proper built firebird? I have a Tokai Firebird III that I'm selling if you fancy two 'buckers rather than one.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3312
    Jack_ said:
    What constitutes a proper built firebird? I have a Tokai Firebird III that I'm selling if you fancy two 'buckers rather than one.
    9 piece laminate neck through with wings stuck on build is what makes a proper FB
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wineredwinered Frets: 78
    I have one. It's not for sale, sorry. I really like it. Things to know:
    The neck's big and decent cases are not cheap.
    The pickup is great, it balances well on a strap (for a Firebird) and stays in tune well.
    Hope this helps and good luck with your search.
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
    edited July 2017
    I played one of these today in a guitar shop. I liked it. Very light and resonant and sounded nice plugged in. So I want one.

Just for giggles I also had a go on one of these, as another example of a large necked Epi:

http://media.reddogmusic.co.uk/images/products/medium/368800.jpg

It was nice, but up beyond the 12th feet the neck gets huge, like comedy huge, a combination of a thick and wide neck. Too big for me, and I like a full 1 inch all the way along, if you pardon the expression.