Marshall JTM45 Transformer in 1964 Fender Tremolux. Help Needed!

jkirk170493jkirk170493 Frets: 27
Hi guys, 

Jono from The Music Locker. We recently bought a collection of amplifiers from a friend of ours. I took this tremolux apart and found this RS Transformer.

Is it the same that was used in the Marshall's? Anyone got any info on it?

It's obviously not original so I'm going to look for an original to replace it. I believe the right one is a 022723 transformer. 

Thanks again guys! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    That will be worth a good bit to someone on ebay.

The original ones used on 60's Marshall did not have flying leads though.... so maybe not
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Hi Jono, I think some of the very early RS lay-down mains transformers fitted to Marshalls did have mains leads rather than terminals, def worth investigating further.
    Regarding the Tremolux, you are looking for an export 125P31A power transformer and to be honest I think you may struggle to find an original in the UK, there are plenty of modern replacements around from TAD, MM, Hammond etc. I think can just see on the last pic that someone has drilled the chassis for a valve socket, so I wouldn't get overly concerned about getting it back to original. Make sure you cover up the voltage selector, as at the moment those terminal will be live when powered up!     
  • Thanks @DJH83004 and @Modulus_Amps for your help! Dave, I might give it a week or so and see if I can source one, and if not, we'll probably get a reissue. Which one would you suggest? 

Confused about the RS Transformer... 
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734

The PT could be the same used in a mid 60s JTM45.

I generally use Hammond repro PTs for Fenders as the voltages usually come out stop on.
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    The guys on the marshall forum will know for sure ;)
  • Thanks @Bygone_Tones am just going over there now!