How many points on your licence?

What's Hot

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
    edited July 2017
    markblack said:
    I drive in London - what is this speeding thing you talk about?

The place is now full of 20mph signs - not sure they can nice you for going over it - I think it's still a 30. If you stick to the 20 people cycle past you.

That's true...and where it happened. Near Brixton. I've looked at my helmet camera video and I just can't understand why I did it. I was doing less than 30mph, focused on the yellow camera on the left and then rode straight through. As I said earlier though, no excuses but my mind was totally elsewhere. But that's for another thread...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    None. The most is 3 for speeding on the M40.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    Zilch, but I had to do a speed awareness course last year.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    None, but scored a speed awareness course a few years ago.  It was so dull I'm doing everything I can to avoid another one.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    mike_l said:
    Tavernor said:
    0 at the moment, got snapped by a mobile unit doing 39 in a 30 but did a speed awareness course. Oddly enough it was in a Citroen Picasso I'd borrowed rather than the quasi sports car I normally drove.

Out curiosity, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread (if anyone knows the answer it'll only be a sentence worth of a reply), if there are average speed cameras over a 10 mile stretch at intervals of 1 mile, are the only cameras which matter the first and last one you drive past? If not, then can you theoretically amass several tickets over the said 10 mile stretch? Always wondered.

Each time a camera takes your pic can be classed as a separate offence.

I recall a woman got photo'd 4 times on Newmarket road in Cambridge, believing the road was a 40 and she lost her licence. It was a long time ago, so I could has misremembered.

And, I'm currently at nil points, I had 3 points for speeding (the 40 sign was under an overgrown tree), the copper who did me had the piss relentlessly ripped out of him, I suppose it was a change from Mr Angry. Anyway, I got rid of those points and fuck me I got a ticket (via a camera) in a company van doing 76 in a 60 coming out of Northampton.
    That road in Cambridge got me too, did the course, paid the money. 

0 points and a much better understanding of road safety. 

Worth it. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    None. Some good fortune involved there. I do wonder if my number plate has ever been read incorrectly by the automatic recognition systems. When I use car parks that use it they often misread one of the letters. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

None! Im a good boy...

Forgot to mention, I did have enough about 17 years ago to earn me a 1 year ban, but I don't talk about that :)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2427
    0 at the moment. Had 3 about 6 years ago for overtaking an unmarked police car on the motorway at 92mph at 1am. Irritating, but I had been doing 118mph further down the road so guess I got lucky.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    0 in about 30 years. Been caught by speed cameras 3 times, but nothing came of any of them!

Mrs A 3 points for speeding (drives like a man!)
    Mother in law 9 points - three times through red lights!
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Paging @Emp_Fab , would a Mr @Emp_Fab please come to the thread please.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    had 3 not long after I'd started driving - Mobile Camera Van outside QMC in Nottingham, little cunts. 

None since then *touches wood*
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    None, but then...it's only been a couple of months.

Starting to get a bit pissed off with people on the road, though - I stick religiously to the speed limit (given that 6 points = disqualification for the first two years), and I've constantly got assholes tailgating me. Perhaps it's the car...if I was driving an Aygo, I probably wouldn't get so much attitude.
    0 points here, i have got a black box fitted though, i get twats right up my arse all the time, usually i just lift off a bit and slow down more until they get the hint. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1083
    0 in 14 years of driving.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Passed driving test first go in 1986, never had a point on licence
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    sweepy said:
    0 in 36 years and I don't hang about, a lot is down to observation and a little slice of luck 
    I agree about observation - 34 years on endorsement-free driving here....
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    CHRISB50 said:
    Exactly this.

Got caught doing 57 in a 50. On an unoccupied, perfectly straight country road.
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    Only slightly related but one of my favourite statements is that I've never crashed a car - by accident (true fact), especially if I'm giving a lift to someone I don't know to well. Harps back to possibly the manliest day of my life which is a good story but for another time. When I was new to RWD and a lot younger I did follow that with spinning a car on a roundabout though. Was with another manager allbeit from another department. He never asked for another!
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    I've got none, but mrs returns currently has 9... So I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up mysteriously owning up to a speeding in her car at some point in the next 2 years. That'll be worth some serious brownie points ;) 

Brownie points? Remember the MP Chris Huhne. His wife Vicky took his points and they got found out and charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. Both got 8 months jail.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    FX_Munkee said:
    Paging @Emp_Fab , would a Mr @Emp_Fab please come to the thread please.
    All miscarriages of justice your honour
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    Bidley said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    Exactly this.

Got caught doing 57 in a 50. On an unoccupied, perfectly straight country road.
    OK, so I'm a new driver, but this comes up often (several times in this thread already), and it always confuses me a bit. We all know that speed limits don't change when the road's empty (OK, motorways aside), and we all know that people can easily just appear from being a car or hedge, so...why does this always get mentioned when someone's caught speeding?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom