SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: cheap dearmond dynasonic copy

WezVWezV Frets: 16671
edited July 2017 in Parts £
i am sure there was a million cheap versions on eBay a few years back.  Now I can only find really feckin expensive ones.

dont suppose anyone has a cheapy in a parts drawer.  It doesn't even need to work
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7862
    A lot of Gretschophiles use these:
    http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Surf-90-Alnico-II-Rockabilly-Pickups_c_259.html

Well regarded, and cheap.  

M :)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, I saw those but it's the original format I am really after, without all the gubbins underneath. They are on the list though
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7862
    edited July 2017
    There were some cheap Chinese copies knocking about a few years back.  A few friends in the USA tried them out for various builds, they were awful.  Weak, generic, anaemic. They looked good, but did not sound right. 

They all rapidly binned them, and then invested in TV Jones T-Armonds ........and were much much happier.   

If you want flat bottomed surface mount Dearmond style pickups, look for Dearmond 2k's.  They came fitted to some Gretsch Historic model guitars, and several Dearmond guitars.   They sit between a Dynasonic and a P90, and are very highly thought of.  Can be found for £80-100 a set used on eBay. 

Thats pretty much all the good cheapies listed.   

T-Armonds, 60's Martin Dearmonds, and SD Custom Shop Dynasonic are pick of the bunch, but you have to pay for that kind of quality. 

M
    It's those cheap nasty ones I am after.   I am fitting some to a P-90 case and just want to test a few ideas on something disposable. 

TheMarlin said:
    There were some cheap Chinese copies knocking about a few years back.  A few friends in the USA tried them out for various builds, they were awful.  Weak, generic, anaemic. They looked good, but did not sound right. 
    I should say thank you for confirming I was not imaging the proliferation of cheap copies a little while back.  I doubt myself sometimes

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    I've ordered direct from EY before without any probs, and it looks like they've got a few Dyna-ish looking copies at the moment...

http://www.eyguitarmusic.com/EY-Pickup_c_137.html

...I used a few of their mini-humbuckers on a Daisy Rock 12-string.  They were good value, and miles better than the stock DR ones.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!

thanks, I had not seen those ones - on the list they go

the others I have seen are FrankenTone Chesters, with some odd pricing???

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FrankenTone-Guitar-Parts/Pickups-/_i.html?_fsub=26733069018  ;