Your Favourite Session Players - Riffs, Solos & Rhythm Playing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited July 2017
    Not guitar, but this guy is a total legend and is on over 4,000 albums from Steely Dan to Aretha Franklin .. Bernard Purdie and the Purdie shuffle ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotone said:
    For me this one is one of my favourite bits of rhythm playing, just love the choice of chords & guitar tone. I think it was David Williams that played this, but I might be wrong.

I love David Williams. Easily one of my favourite guitarists (didn't he have the world record for being on the most amount of top 40 songs in one week of the charts?). 
    Paul Jackson Jr is another guy who's amazing.
    Larry Carlton for this ...

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Chaz and Dave

• lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I have to admit I'm not super familiar with many session players, I will use this thread to educate myself.
    That being said I do love Steve Lukather.
    I also really like Lewis Allen, there's a video of him demoing the THR10 on youtube, I find his playing really tasteful.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Fretwired said:
    Not guitar, but this guy is a total legend and is on over 4,000 albums from Steely Dan to Aretha Franklin .. Bernard Purdie and the Purdie shuffle ...

Yes ......Legend drummer 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Yes @menamestom Chaz and Dave are legendary session guys -the cockney knees -up thing started as a joke but became a very lucrative one.......they played with Albert Lee,Clapton etc etc 

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    duotone said:
    For me this one is one of my favourite bits of rhythm playing, just love the choice of chords & guitar tone. I think it was David Williams that played this, but I might be wrong
    I love David Williams. Easily one of my favourite guitarists (didn't he have the world record for being on the most amount of top 40 songs in one week of the charts?). 
    Paul Jackson Jr is another guy who's amazing.
    I haven't heard that before, but would love to know the tracks that he played on if that is true?

Chaz and Dave

Nice, I didn't know that.

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Alan Murphy. He played with Go West in the mid-80s. Superb imaginative pop with a big hint of fusion. It's not really the sort of stuff I would normally listen to but the sheer musicality  jumps out. It's such a shame he died so young.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Steve Stevens talks about working on Michael Jacksons "Dirty Diana" track from the Bad album.

Have to mention Steve Stevens Top Gun track as well, I remember seeing this tabbed in Total Guitar in I think around 1996 and it blew me away.