Richtone annoying the crap out of me!

What's Hot

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    Paying by card from a distance and someone else picking it up?  You may as well ask if you can rob them. The credit card company wouldn't even bother telling them how wrong that is.  Your wife showing ID would mean zero.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Balancing comment:
    I've bought stuff over the internet from Richtone with no problems.
    Some potential buyers think that sellers like Richtone are their slaves who should do whatever they ask even if there is a blatant risk of Richtone losing money or breaking the conditions of their merchant agreements with the credit card companies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I can't imagine what you would say about richtone if someone bought something with your card over phone and let someone else take it.

They are right in this instance regarding payment.

Postage is a bit different but they have every right to decide there own policies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Just yer typical Yorkshire bastards!

;) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    FWIW I've had nothing but excellent service from Rich Tone, slow communications aside. 

I imagine there's a sensible reason behind why they aren't willing to post it in this instance 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Chalky said:
    Paying by card from a distance and someone else picking it up?  You may as well ask if you can rob them. The credit card company wouldn't even bother telling them how wrong that is.  Your wife showing ID would mean zero.
    The card is a joint account so where's the problem 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Richtone must have their reasons, they are a great shop and Rich is a top bloke.  Just because their policies didn't not suit you there's no need to rant about them, just call them and ask why and I'm sure you'll get a reasonable explanation 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    FWIW I've had nothing but excellent service from Rich Tone, slow communications aside. 

I imagine there's a sensible reason behind why they aren't willing to post it in this instance 
    This. I have had nothing but positive experiences. Friendly and not condescending. Always helpful. Refunds offered if unhappy with a purchase. One of the best in my experience
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Secondhand amp? 

Probably not got suitable packaging.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4287
    edited July 2017
    John_A said:
    Richtone must have their reasons, they are a great shop and Rich is a top bloke.  Just because their policies didn't not suit you there's no need to rant about them, just call them and ask why and I'm sure you'll get a reasonable explanation 
    Jeez did you not read the entire thread before posting. My original post says that i have spoken to them via both email and phone and the reason was 'It may get damaged'. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Secondhand amp? 

Just to clarify that virtually all of the amps that are secondhand were listed 'Boxed/Case: None' but they still offered shipping.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 639
    Can't you just ask them to reserve it get your better half to pay in store?
    Chalky said:
    So why can't she just buy it in the shop instead of your complicated method of purchase?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Secondhand amp? 

Just to clarify that virtually all of the amps that are secondhand were listed 'Boxed/Case: None' but they still offered shipping.
    They might not have appropriate packaging for this particular amp...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    There's a reason, whatever that is, they wont ship it... and for me, the alarm bells would be ringing.

If they are like this now, imagine if theres a problem down the line.

Stay well clear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1 said:
    Can't you just ask them to reserve it get your better half to pay in store?
    That was what they finally agreed on after going round the houses via both email and phone

Sign up online and pay a 10% deposit then she pays the rest in store. I was getting worn out with them by this stage and then after doing all that their website payment page kept crashing. I just gave up on them as they said paying the deposit over the phone wasn't an option 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    I understand your frustration mate... but I never buy anything with a 'story'; experience has taught me that you pay for it somewhere down the line.
  • Chalky said:
    Chalky said:
    So why can't she just buy it in the shop instead of your complicated method of purchase?

As they wouldn't hold it for me without a deposit which they wouldn't take over the phone and insisted it had to be done online and then their website payment page wasn't working 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Secondhand amp? 

They might not have appropriate packaging for this particular amp...

Well they seem to have sufficient packaging for the other amps that are the same size or bigger. Including large heads and combos 
  • There's a reason, whatever that is, they wont ship it... and for me, the alarm bells would be ringing.

If they are like this now, imagine if theres a problem down the line.

Stay well clear.
    Hi buddy

Hope you're well and im loving the reverb pedal :)

Your right in what you say and after I did wonder that if it was bought in store then  I'm not covered by distance selling so if a problem came up it would be harder to sort out and maybe that's why they were pushing for in store 

Could be totally legit but you never know